Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme RS2 SEDAN replica [CUSTOM PARTS SERVICE]

No coupé!!!

Proudly present partnership with Jonus Racing[/URL]!

The plan is to lower it to 12-1300Kg (around -3000lbs) and capable of running under 10's on drag. I'm aware of the weightdistrubution and the sedan is a lot better then the coupé, butt still nose heavy, but I will make it to 55/45 or close to 50/50 together with suspension upgrades etc to make it fast in turns too!

I will put down some real resources to make the engine flow well and go with as low boost as possible. Also one of the widest powercurves seen on an Audi 5-cyl. Much work done with the head will be done. I will build the engine when the chassis is done! I will look as and RS2 sedan, except with the taillights which will be US-spec.

-Engine/fuel-

PTE6466
    5-cyl 236mm block
    95.5 crank
    83mm bore
    CNC billet "överfall"
    159mm H-rods
    Pistons with big valveholes
    Cam's super special secret
    Drysump
    10L catchtank med 3 x Bosch 044 and thick pipes
    NUKE rail
    NUKE BTR
    Nira i7x SEMS
    Audi 115R coils
    4" DP, 3.5" all the way, no cat

-Chassi-

RS2 wishbones
    KW v.3
    Audi sport topmounts
    Nylatron bushings to wishbones etc...
    CP-S alu bushings/mounts to engine, sub-frames, transmission and diff mounted
    Battery moved to trunk in the bowl, backseat left toghether with carbon hood/front før some serious difference in weightdistrubition.
    Plastic windows (Lexan)
    All carpet/isolation, asphalt-mat, list's gone and doors lightened
    Light sportseats front
    Brakes.. we'll see...
    Hydraulic e-brake

-Driveline-

DSY S/RS4 6-speed transmission
    monster clutch
    CP-S Alu flywheel
    elasticitysteel axles
    RS2 rear diff 100% locked (maybe quife)
    Big S2 joints
    Open frontdiff and no welded torsen (more power to rear and more drifting fun)
    Last edited by helvetesmaskinen; 19 February 2016, 01:38.
    1000HP RS2 SEDAN project!
    Follow this at 07K Motorsport

-JONUS RACING-

Will be interesting to see project progressing. I'm using same stroker block setup and got powerband from 4000-8000rpm using special combo of audi cams. Make sure cams are matched correctly to choice of turbo or you may end up with very narrow rpm band as most aftermarket cams are designed for 2000rpm as they are for short ratio racecars.
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

The tank!

Down with it

The bolt's was almost welded, so I cut it all

Das 80Q schnabel

No rust! Will be beautiful.

Out!

Out with the disgusting V6, but still I must say these engines runs wery well with only 174hp and 3600lbs car...

Testing the launchcontrol...

Next, taking down suspension and sub-frames!

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

JP, nice! Cam's will be custom just for this engine and turbo setup to acheive what I wrote with as low boost as possible

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

S/RS4 trans, ~75 kilos =) will be demounted and renovated

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops. Could you get some pictures when you do the engine mounts please? That Westfalia detachable towbar is quite a rare option.

Is that a Lotus Elan Plus 2 in one of the pictures? Is that yours as well? They're great cars and becoming quite expensive now.
            92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
            98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
            63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
            69 Austin Mini Cooper
            71 MGB GT
            75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
            04 Kawasaki GPX250
            96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Looks like an Opel Coupe to me

Check out will20v's thread for a similar project

Love the sedan with 20vt, it's just right
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Nice project. Woud you sell your tow hook?

Comment

Originally posted by 80Quattro View Post
                  I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops. Could you get some pictures when you do the engine mounts please? That Westfalia detachable towbar is quite a rare option.

Is that a Lotus Elan Plus 2 in one of the pictures? Is that yours as well? They're great cars and becoming quite expensive now.
                  Thanks! Which engine mounts do I need for the 236mm block in the B4 chassi? The yellow-danger is a friends car :-)

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  Looks like an Opel Coupe to me

Check out will20v's thread for a similar project

Love the sedan with 20vt, it's just right
                  Will check it out!

Originally posted by Steyn_b View Post
                  Nice project. Woud you sell your tow hook?
                  Thanks! The hook is not for sale, it will stay there like a real sleeper. Maybe with a 1.9tdi/1.8i badge on the trunkflap

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

Some outer rust under some stinky alucovers which should be "protecting". Dirt and moisture sticking there and doing this... before:

after:

Taking the anabolic spider down

der Panzarwagün!

80 Quattro stuff? Much is same as S2 sedan/avant.

All asphalt-mat gone! weighted to ~20Kilo's+ when finished... sick!

Lightened the rear doors, crank and tin construction and it was lightweight already, good work Audi, but the alu-beam and glass weights a little... will be lighening the front doors also!

US-spec rear!

If I put the cooling system in trunk, I will use the side openings to get the hot air out! can be practically and cool!

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                      Thanks! Which engine mounts do I need for the 236mm block in the B4 chassi? The yellow-danger is a friends car :-)
                      The engine mounts on the V6 are on those large alloy brackets which bolt to the chassis rails. The 20VT has the engine mounts welded to the chassis rails and there is also a radiator mount. You can buy them new or cut them off another car, but either way you have to weld them on.

Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                      Thanks! The hook is not for sale, it will stay there like a real sleeper. Maybe with a 1.9tdi/1.8i badge on the trunkflap
                      That towbar weighs 22kg! It'll make a great sleeper though.
                      92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
                      98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
                      63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
                      69 Austin Mini Cooper
                      71 MGB GT
                      75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
                      04 Kawasaki GPX250
                      96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

I had a similar situation with my typ85 90q bodyrail. mine was much worse tho, a big rusty hole in the exact same place. Like you say a horrible ally cover holding moisture.(doesn't help that Audi used untreated woodscrews as fixings)lol

Can't wait to see this project unfold!!!! Keep us posted

Comment

Mine was not that bad, and this is Canada, salt central of the world..

Are you going to weld in 5cyl mounts or do something custom?

Love a B4 with 5 cyl!!

Cheers
                          www.quattro.ca
                          B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                          B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by 80Quattro View Post
                            The engine mounts on the V6 are on those large alloy brackets which bolt to the chassis rails. The 20VT has the engine mounts welded to the chassis rails and there is also a radiator mount. You can buy them new or cut them off another car, but either way you have to weld them on.

That towbar weighs 22kg! It'll make a great sleeper though.
                            Yeah, those I have. Maybe construct an bolt thought mount for the 236mm block... I'll se later!

22 Kilo's???

Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
                            I had a similar situation with my typ85 90q bodyrail. mine was much worse tho, a big rusty hole in the exact same place. Like you say a horrible ally cover holding moisture.(doesn't help that Audi used untreated woodscrews as fixings)lol

Can't wait to see this project unfold!!!! Keep us posted
                            The responsible man for those alu covers should get fired from Audi when they make sush great chassis and bodywork/rust safety.

Thanks

Originally posted by ralleyquattro View Post
                            Mine was not that bad, and this is Canada, salt central of the world..

[ig]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JeYh2JJptU4/ThIdN3L-RiI/AAAAAAAACvU/kmTGxl8DUkg/s1152/DSC00276.JPG[/img]

Are you going to weld in 5cyl mounts or do something custom?

[ig]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OmOj7JnlThI/ThpLoY6jOmI/AAAAAAAAC6U/TaB6tpwBsb4/s1152/DSC00401.JPG[/img]

Love a B4 with 5 cyl!!

Cheers
                            Ok! I saw your thread on motorgeek. Will read it for sure!

Maybe construct an bolt thought mount for the 236mm block...

The B4 is a perfect timeless chassi with so many options. The difference between an ugly Audi 80 and a RS2 sedan for example is one of the biggest differences I've seen on same-platform-car with original parts used:

This...:

And THIS:

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

a recent one of mine for in the middle:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X