Maf to Turbo hose suitable for RS4 Mafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maf to Turbo hose suitable for RS4 Mafs

I've been speaking to Roose after Sonic pointed me in their direction for a new Maf to turbo hose to suit an RS4 Maf. I'm not sure how many folk are considering moving to the RS4 Maf based on the original S2/RS2 Maf's being weak on higher HP cars and expensive to replace, but I thought I'd ask before getting one made up for my car, just in case anyone else wants one making up?

The turbo inlet size can be altered also to suit larger than standard turbos or this can be left as standard. The price is likely to be in the region of 120 - 140 GBP plus carriage, however they have said they will do it cheaper if there are a few to make. This obviously still requires Dmitri to be available to map the car or come up with some generic conversion if that's possible.

I'll have mine made up immediately unless there's interest from the forum.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

I had one made up by Roose to connect an RS4 MAF to my GT3071, £150 delivered and came within a week. Great service
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

This really is a fantastic mod and looks near as damn it OEM.

It removes the need for costly S2/RS2 MAF replacements which become all to common with higher HP, due to the availability and ease of replacing the RS4 MAF.

The RS4 MAF inner-diameter is pretty much the same as the RS2 MAF outer-diameter, but it just fits into the RS2 airbox with a little bit of sanding.

Dmitri wired mine into the stock loom with a plug that just clips into the RS4 MAF, and then made the necessary ECU updates.

S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I'd have one if the price was reasonable
        Shane

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
          I had one made up by Roose to connect an RS4 MAF to my GT3071, £150 delivered and came within a week. Great service
          Hi Andy,

So you're running an RS4 Maf too. Did you get this mapped by Dmitri?

I presume yours is the early RS4 Maf with the 87mm body like Sonic's?

Cheers,
          Steve
          91 Modded 3B

Comment

It's not mapped yet...
            Spring I guess, when there is enough interest.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
              It's not mapped yet...
              Spring I guess, when there is enough interest.
              Is there anything generic you could put together in the meantime to allow the RS4 Maf to be used instead to the standard S2 Maf?

I can't wait until next year to get my car running and remapped!
              91 Modded 3B

Comment

No, impossible.
                The ECU needs hardware mods and the loom needs cutting and modifying.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                  Hi Andy,

So you're running an RS4 Maf too. Did you get this mapped by Dmitri?

I presume yours is the early RS4 Maf with the 87mm body like Sonic's?

Cheers,
                  Steve
                  No it's not mapped with the RS4 MAF yet, I was hoping to get it done before winter but time and circumstances conspired against me. I'm now going to get all the mods done over winter and then try and get a few people together for a mapping session in Spring next year.

You're doing the same as me right, 3B to ABY ignition and RS4 MAF conversion?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post

You're doing the same as me right, 3B to ABY ignition and RS4 MAF conversion?
                    Yep, that's what I'm doing too. I've also picked up the same turbo Sonic's using.
                    91 Modded 3B

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                      No, impossible.
                      The ECU needs hardware mods and the loom needs cutting and modifying.
                      Bummer! Looks like I'm running RS2 setup until next year then
                      91 Modded 3B

Comment

Bummer! Looks like I'm running RS2 setup until next year then
                        oh poor you....
                        at least you get to play....mines totally wild so its running a homefry with a 360 BB turbo...so it idles like an old sow...and I daren't even go near any form of boost...

p.s. what are they charging for postage?....I work in lincoln and often speak to Emma Roose....

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                          oh poor you....
                          at least you get to play....mines totally wild so its running a homefry with a 360 BB turbo...so it idles like an old sow...and I daren't even go near any form of boost...

p.s. what are they charging for postage?....I work in lincoln and often speak to Emma Roose....
                          Ok, RS2 is plently of fun, but I've had the 26/27 on for a few days and given it a little bit of loud pedal I know I shouldn't because the car isn't mapped for it, however I've kept it below 1 Bar of boost and it's behaved very well, infact it goes like a scalded cat! But, it's got to come off until Dmitri can map it, so it feels like a step back. Idle has been rubbish because I've not plumbed all the lines in correctly and I've done a temp DV delete which sounds lovely!

No need for the 'it will kill the turbo change it' comments as it was only for an hour's use.

I don't know what postage would be, but if you know the owners Mrs or daughter I will be speaking to you to get a good price

Have you already got a hose made up?
                          91 Modded 3B

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                            oh poor you....

£10 for an overnight on DHL
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know what postage would be, but if you know the owners Mrs or daughter I will be speaking to you to get a good price

Have you already got a hose made up?
                              I only know her through ordering parts on a regular basis....if i remember its the owners daughter....Paul is the owner...to be far she will probably give you the best price they can...i save more on the clamps and postage by walking in with cash and walking away with the bits....

I haven't got an airbox anymore due to the turbo/manifold position...not enough room to swing your scalded cat in!!.....

Comment

Working...
                              X