Boost Gauge Finally In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Gauge Finally In

After some time and delays, the boost gauge is finally in. It's not going to win prizes for the most original mounting position (centre vent of centre console), but does the job. Sorry about the dark pictures - camera not great.

Firstly, Ignition Off:

Then, Ignition On:

Finally, short video of Off - On - Start Engine - Off. File is c. 300KB, WMV (Windows Media Video) - apologies to those that can't view that format. Recommend right clicking and "Save Target As...".
    Boost Gauge Video

It's an Autogauge device - this one. Accuracy is ok - reads c. 0.05 bar low. No leaks, otherwise the recent dyno wouldn't have given me a pleasing 279.9 bhp.

Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Looks good

Cheers,

Chris
    Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Another job on my list....
      acidtrax

Comment

Cheapy version

Here's my cheap-n-chearfull version.

I needed to get a gauge to monitor some boost issues I was having and found the cheapest boost gauge (£39.00) I could from demon tweeks, that sort of matched the VDO look. Plumbed it in via a T-piece into the ECU's boost hose. Seems to be accurate when I compared it with the removable one the garage uses.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalo...CODE=R/PB2.5BL

Having decided to keep the gauge and having had it floating around the passenger footwell for a while, I finally got round to fitting it and like many others not finding a better place chose the centre vent to house it. Rather than chopping up the centrel vent, which I wasn't particularly comfortable about doing, I cut up a bit of alluminium sheet and formed a holder that slipped snuggly into the space where the central vent came from, then sprayed it matte black. Semi destroyed the bulb holder getting it all to fit , so no light. But for a ham fisted first attempt/trail run, I'm fairly happy. Will do it again with a posher gauge and more than a stanley knife, pliers and a hammer.

Angus
        Attached Files
        Last edited by AAH!; 9 January 2005, 18:21.
        formally RS2 +

Comment

Cheapy version

Pic 2
          Attached Files
          formally RS2 +

Comment

Originally posted by AAH!
            Rather than chopping up the centrel vent, which I wasn't particularly comfortable about doing
            This is why I got some spares first and butchered one of those. Fortunately it worked first time, so I've got a spare vent knocking around the place which someone can have for little more than the cost of the postage.
            Ck.
            Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Nice gauge Ck. I looked at that one, but it didnt go up high enough So i bought the racetech one like AAH!, its perfectly good enough and reads spot on!
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Thanks': nice work,if the digital gauge i like from a german tuner ,become to expensive , i wil try this also....
                RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                  Nice gauge Ck. I looked at that one, but it didnt go up high enough So i bought the racetech one like AAH!, its perfectly good enough and reads spot on!
                  I used to have a 1 bar gauge in my old tin box Renault. At least it impressed people when it went way off the scale!
                  SS

Comment

Have you seen my car?? Its not exactly show and shine! So im not to worried about impressing people.
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

And here's me thinking yours was concours spec like mine.

Ben
                      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                        Have you seen my car?? Its not exactly show and shine! So im not to worried about impressing people.
                        LOL. Yeah. I've seen your beast! The Renault never impressed anyone otherwise. Apart from stupid amounts of lag and 1.4 bar kicking in at 3k.
                        I got a new boost gauge for crimbo. 1.5 bar ought to be plenty for my S2. Just got to swap it for my crappy old Tim gauge i bought for a tenner many years ago.
                        SS

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                          And here's me thinking yours was concours spec like mine.

Ben
                          You'll have to put a bit of elbow grease in if its going concours spec!
                          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                          X