Moving the MAF anybody did this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving the MAF anybody did this?

I have a friend in Denmark, he moved his MAF sensor (the one after the air intake box), because it was driving non smootly and this seemed to cure the problem. I think he moved it so it was placed between the turbo and ic. I was considering doing something like this but perhaps moving it to sit between the IC and IM. Has anybody tried this and can one do it? I was considering doing this because my HKS filter is almost bolted directly on the MAF and mine does seem to run a bit worse ofcourse this can be many other things but placing it between IM and IC should be farely easy.

Well perhaps this sound strange, but if anybody has some info it would be nice.

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

søren s2 has put it between ic and trottlebody,tom audimann has also moved it,and i will olso move it when i have bought the last pisces for my rs2 conversion.

regards
    rix

Comment

Tom has done moved the MAF. Contact Audiman on here. Mihnea mapped his car with it repositioned recently.
      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

hks filter

Originally posted by Jonas_R
        I have a friend in Denmark, he moved his MAF sensor (the one after the air intake box), because it was driving non smootly and this seemed to cure the problem. I think he moved it so it was placed between the turbo and ic. I was considering doing something like this but perhaps moving it to sit between the IC and IM. Has anybody tried this and can one do it? I was considering doing this because my HKS filter is almost bolted directly on the MAF and mine does seem to run a bit worse ofcourse this can be many other things but placing it between IM and IC should be farely easy.

/Jonas R.
        yours will be sucking hot air in from the exhaust manifold.or did it do it before you fitted the filter.

Comment

update

/Jonas R.
          oh,and also the white hot turbo sort of area.

Comment

Originally posted by RIX
            søren s2 has put it between ic and trottlebody,tom audimann has also moved it,and i will olso move it when i have bought the last pisces for my rs2 conversion.

regards
            rix
            Hey Rix,

What is trottlebody is the same as intake manifold?

But do i need a remap?

Phil:

Not quite understanding what you are saying.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Jonas, yes, basically you do need a remap... cheap flights for Copenhagen???
              '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
              info@MRCTuning.com
              Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
                Jonas, yes, basically you do need a remap... cheap flights for Copenhagen???
                Well if i need a remap, i guess that installing a HKS filter if the air then gets hotter/colder would also require a remap? Then perhaps i should just switch back to the old airbox instead or what do you think?

Dont know about cheap tickets for copenhagen, how ever a remap would be nice when i get my samco's, and so on. But iy you are ever in scandinavia i would like to know

/Jonas R.
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Jonas, Tommy Arnberg was thinking of getting me over to Finland sometime soon, I dunno if that could work for you.. the HKS filter will however not require a remap, definitely not.

HTH,

Mihnea
                  '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
                    Jonas, Tommy Arnberg was thinking of getting me over to Finland sometime soon, I dunno if that could work for you.. the HKS filter will however not require a remap, definitely not.

HTH,

Mihnea
                    Why does the MAF then require a Remap, guess it is not because of the heat/cold. Is it because of pressure or what?

Well finland is a bit far away from copenhagen, but perhaps something could be arranged.

/Jonas R.
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Its fine at WOT, but the changes needed to be made for part throttle. It ran badly when trying to be gentle with the pedal.
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                        Its fine at WOT, but the changes needed to be made for part throttle. It ran badly when trying to be gentle with the pedal.
                        i didn't know you were gentle with the pedal
                        Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
                        0-60 4.9
                        1/4mile 13.5

Comment

Im not, other ppl are tho! Weirdo's! More MPG, more, more!! Wrong car if you want great MPG
                          sigpic
                          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                          Audi UR Quattro
                          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Hey Rix,

What is trottlebody is the same as intake manifold?

But do i need a remap?

Phil:

Not quite understanding what you are saying.
                            hej jonas
                            trottlebody is gasspjæld in danish,
                            if you move it,and get a real blow off,you could just throw the intake hose away,and bolt the filter direktly on to the turbo,i will also safe up for the HKS filter,and bolt it on to the turbo.
                            Regards
                            RIX

Comment

Hi Jonas.

I guess you were talking about me.
                              Get RH-motorsport to do in Denmark.
                              Make a heatshield as i´m about to do.
                              Reposition the MAF.
                              Or mail me.

Søren S2
                              Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08