420+bhp project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 420+bhp project

I'm going for a few more horses, hopefully 420bhp, maybe more, so here's a few pictures.

New parts:

K26/K27/K29 Racing Turbo courtesy of Mihnea.

Bosch 5 Bar fuel Pump - lots of help from Mark on this but not as daunting as I thought it would be.

Huge ITG Foam Filter

Custom Aluminium Intake pipe courtesy of Mihnea

I already have:

RS2 exhaust manifold
    RS2 Intercooler
    RS2 Injectors
    No CATS
    Custom Exhaust

The FPR needs to be changed or modified.

I think this is all that basically you need on a standard S2 to get the same power/torque - apart form a new map sensor - Remap by Mihnea

I've got a few silicon hoses jsut to be on the safe side but most of the standard ones could be reused.

A K26/K27/K29 turbo on the left, K26(RS2) in the middle and K24(S2) on the right:
    Attached Files
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Here are a few bits I'm putting on:
    Attached Files

Comment

Those silicon hoses are getting shortened in case you are wondering!

The standard fuel pump and the Motorsport one - the standard one is pulled out of it's housing:
      Attached Files

Comment

Silicon hoses and ducting goodies from SFS Performance - good guys these - they didn't have all the hoses I was after in stock so made them up in 2 days.

80mm ducting - I've removed the palstic cowling behind the headlamp and I will plumb this into the oil cooler ducting - definitely need this when going to a cone filter - along with some headshield as well.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a Forge Diverter and contacted forge concerned about it leaking - they sent, free of charge, a new aluminium piston, new seals and grease - another very helpful company.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tom had to get an extension made to the oil feed line to the turbo because the hose would not fit over the K27 compressor housing - I got one made as well but , seemingly on the ABY the lines should be a straight fit - if it is I'll have this one looking for a good home on a 3B.
            Attached Files

Comment

Is The RS2 EM not struggling at that colossal power Doug? But heh! who cares!, just bring on the horses!!
              Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Custom aluminium Intake pipe is shown here
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Chamberlain
                  Is The RS2 EM not struggling at that colossal power Doug? But heh! who cares!, just bring on the horses!!
                  Yes - I beleive that 420bhp is the limit of the RS2 EM - that and conrod bending torque are stopping any more from this setup. I think Mihnea might be able to squeeze a bit more - all depends on the strengths of the car I suppose

The problem after this is that it's big money to go any further

Comment

Sorry m8 not quite with you yet?:confused: The ally pipe goes in the Exhaust? Hows that work? :confused:

Comment

@ Doug,
                      Too quick to ask why! you beat me with the previous post!ops: sorry!

Comment

Doug

I'd be interested to see how you rate the ITG filter - filtration efficiency & dirt build up etc.. I was thinking of putting a standard panel replacement one in mine.

Leigh
                        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Originally posted by LPHUK2002
                          I'd be interested to see how you rate the ITG filter - filtration efficiency & dirt build up etc.. I was thinking of putting a standard panel replacement one in mine.
                          These foam filters still need oiled - i didn't realise this - so I have put the mesh back on the intake side of the MAF so I can see if it's getting caked in oil after a few hundred mile drive. The ITG filters get a good write up in all the reviews i've read.

It is 180mm diameter and about the same long - pretty big

Comment

Why do i feel that this time next year there will be quite a few S2's on this forum with MONSTER BHP................bring it on
                            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Go Doug!!! :eek2: I'm incredibly jealous...
                              Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
                              Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X