Sold the S4, building a track toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold the S4, building a track toy...

Dont hate, its not an Audi, hell, its not even German...

But it is RWD and has an LSD :tup:

I always wanted one of these and was looking when I brought the Avant... mainly becasue I couldnt afford to insure a Supra Turbo. Please dont cover it in a massive body kit, it ruins them massively.....

Comment

Very nice!

What did that set you back? Is it true they can do fairly big power on stock internals?

Comment

Wow, great cars, they are pretty rare this side of the pond and command really high premiums.

Comment

I'm guessing that it's a rare manual version?
          sigpic

Comment

ooooh, I'm not a Jap car fan but occasionally they make something sexy and the Supra is on that small list. Looks great in black too!
            1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Needs a small block Ali Chevrolet !
              Lovely car.

Comment

Well, I know some of you will be crestfallen to know its not the turbo version, but there is a reason for that, the car cost me £2500

Its a 3.0 straight six engine, just had a new clutch, its factory fitted with an LSD, 5 speed manual box, and has some Jap only addenda that the UK cars didn't have.

As a base its 6.7 secs to 60 mph and electronically limited to 117 mph, the TT is considerably faster but a lot have been ruined and usually run auto-boxes, and as I have one of those in the Cabriolet I wanted to go manual, and it had to be black!

Up until about 5 years ago you only had two options with these cars, twin turbo or N/A with no real tuning options, but then the NA-T conversion opened that all up, and now you can get it converted to a single turbo setup on standard compression and it will put out 450hp max with a 5 speed manual box and no need for forged internals (TTs are good for up to 600hp on stock internals)

So, the plan isn't to chase power, its to be obsessively relentless in the pursuit of weight reduction, and to get the handling and balance sorted. Track days are about fun, and I want to make this car handle and be nimble, I don't want to just blast it down the straight.

Silverstone, Rockingham and Bedford are all within throwing distance, so I plan to weigh bridge the car to start, check it all over then set a benchmark at a circuit and take it from there.

I have got to the point with cameras, idiots and bad weather on the road where I just think its safer to be on a track and have the cabby for the road.

I know its not everyones cup of tea, but I always wanted another Supra. I had a budget of up to £18K on a car and nothing took my fancy, so I put the money on the mortgage and bought this...

Comment

Love these Supras too, but being not too expensive to buy,why didn't you buy the twin turbo RSZ manual version?

What's the weight on this?
                  RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                  BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                  LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

It's a beaut! Always fancied one of these..and in black it's defo cool...enjoy the project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                      Love these Supras too, but being not too expensive to buy,why didn't you buy the twin turbo RSZ manual version?

What's the weight on this?
                      Try finding a good one here in the UK for a decent price

Fast autos are about £10K for good ones, manuals command a premium, especially the UK Steel turbo manual one.

I figured if I am ripping it all apart and putting it back together, doing that to a good Manual seems kind of a shame.

Weight is...

1,460 kg (3,219 lb) (non-turbo)
                      1,550 kg (3,417 lb) (turbo)

Comment

seems like at 2500 quid for the car, it would be pretty easy/inexpensive to import a complete 2jz engine with harness and throw it right in.

Comment

Case and point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-1998-...-/391001778333

Comment

The only Jap car I would change from an Audi these cars are timeless classics love them my fav colour is silver but your black is a real gem!

Comment

A TT engine might be the way to go, but it's weight, brakes and handling first

Comment

Working...
                              X