Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Peterborough!

Hello all, I'm Ben from Peterborough.

Been a Ford boy since I passed my test but last year I moved into 850 T5 territory, which now has me hooked on 5 cylinders!

Currently on the hunt for a Ur S4 but struggling to find any for sale at the minute, I've registered on Classic Audi as well, is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Ben.

T5's ah reminds me of twr BTCC days, fantastic noise!

Is it estate form you are looking for or? S2/RS2/S6/URS4/coupe, plenty of 5 pots to choose from
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Got friends and family up your way, good luck with your search cant beat that 5 pot noise

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
        T5's ah reminds me of twr BTCC days, fantastic noise!

Is it estate form you are looking for or? S2/RS2/S6/URS4/coupe, plenty of 5 pots to choose from
        Certainly so! I'm a little too young to really remember it, would loved to of seen it though.

In all fairness, so long as it's got the 5 pop turbo then really it's a case of whatever my Ā£3-4k budget will get me!

Comment

Welcome!

There is this rather ugly example, but as long as mechanicals are good (in my books) everything else doesn't matter. Sure the vinyl will come off nicely.
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75311
          '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
          '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by Sweep View Post
            Certainly so! I'm a little too young to really remember it, would loved to of seen it though.

In all fairness, so long as it's got the 5 pop turbo then really it's a case of whatever my Ā£3-4k budget will get me!
            you will get a s4 easily for that money, s6's are a bit more. You'd probably get an s2 for that money

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
              you will get a s4 easily for that money, s6's are a bit more. You'd probably get an s2 for that money
              That's good to hear, to be honest I've always fancied a nice S2 anyway, any of you boys want to sell up?
              Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
              Welcome!

There is this rather ugly example, but as long as mechanicals are good (in my books) everything else doesn't matter. Sure the vinyl will come off nicely.
              http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75311
              Lovely! Who picks that from a colour chart and thinks "oh yes, that will look superb!"

Comment

How much can one expect to pay for an S2 in reasonable condition?

Comment

A less expensive S2 will cost you much more in the long run than a good "expensive" one with all of the normal / essential work already done.

Read the various threads on here under "Projects" for examples of this principle being proved time and again.

The other option is to buy a complete dog mechanically and be prepared to spend t a lot of money on it and end up with a good car, a possible but expensive route.

If you are not confident of being able to work on these cars yourself after you get to know them with the help of this forum, you will bankrupt yourself paying someone else to do all of the various jobs.

As UrS6 cars are incorrectly IMHO undervalued compared to S2 ABY cars, your purchasing budget will go further with a UrS6.

To be honest, as well as your purchase budget, you'll need the same again to fix any things not right with the car you buy, which will be inevitable, not to mention the additional money that you will need if you then start to think about upgrading any bits - a whole other world of financial pain / addiction.

Don't want to be a grumpy old man / killjoy, but you need to know what you're contemplating.

HTH.

Oh yeah, Welcome !

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                    A less expensive S2 will cost you much more in the long run than a good "expensive" one with all of the normal / essential work already done.

Read the various threads on here under "Projects" for examples of this principle being proved time and again.

The other option is to buy a complete dog mechanically and be prepared to spend t a lot of money on it and end up with a good car, a possible but expensive route.

If you are not confident of being able to work on these cars yourself after you get to know them with the help of this forum, you will bankrupt yourself paying someone else to do all of the various jobs.

As UrS6 cars are incorrectly IMHO undervalued compared to S2 ABY cars, your purchasing budget will go further with a UrS6.

To be honest, as well as your purchase budget, you'll need the same again to fix any things not right with the car you buy, which will be inevitable, not to mention the additional money that you will need if you then start to think about upgrading any bits - a whole other world of financial pain / addiction.

Don't want to be a grumpy old man / killjoy, but you need to know what you're contemplating.

HTH.

Oh yeah, Welcome !

It's all good information to be knowing!

I'm used to the Ford world where you need to budget twice to buy a Cosworth, I didn't realise these were in the same boat.

I don't think I've actually seen a UrS6, I assume it's not the same differences like the more modern S4/6 being completely different models?

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Comment

I don't think I've actually seen a UrS6, I assume it's not the same differences like the more modern S4/6 being completely different models ?
                      Google "Audi UrS6 images" and you'll see the type of car being referred to.

Basically it is the bigger brother of the S2, with a higher spec as standard.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                        Google "Audi UrS6 images" and you'll see the type of car being referred to.

Basically it is the bigger brother of the S2, with a higher spec as standard.

Oooh I like those! I was initially looking for a big car anyway so that would fit the bill nicely! Would my budget fetch me one?

Comment

Oooh I like those! I was initially looking for a big car anyway so that would fit the bill nicely! Would my budget fetch me one?
                          They are not that more expensive than urS4, it really all depends on state of the car.
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Yes StgĀ£4k should get you a good one.

You'll need patience and not buy the next one you find, you would be mad lucky that it would be the one. But I would suggest that you go and look at any you find for sale, so that you'll be better able to spot the right one when you see it.

There are subtle differences between UrS4 and UrS6, I personally prefer the UrS6.

You'll also need to decide whether you have strong preference for a saloon or an Avant. ?

Also while I have an auto Saloon, and it has it's advantages over a manual, on balance I would strongly suggest you only buy a manual.

So keep an eye out for a manual UrS6 Saloon or Avant. Body condition being one of the overarching buying criteria on your pre-purchase checklist. Patience is the name of the game with a determination to act quickly and decisively if it is the right one, but only if it is.

Most colours are fine, with no bad factory colours.

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75393
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                              X