My new daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new daily

While the S2 is being tinkered with this is my new daily driver: A 2000 A4 1.8T quattro Sport Avant in burgundy:

First thing I did was buy an Audi 80 gearknob to replace the ridiculous cricket-ball item from the A4. Next was to put my ratty Avus II wheels on in place of the Passat 'Capezio' alloys. That was more difficult than I imagined as the standard wheel bolts were insanely short and everything I tried just tightened up to the hubs, like a permanent handbrake The old wheels were nothing special and especially as they weren't the factory supplied Boleros I got shot of them last night through ebay - already made £110 back on this car

Nice car Jack

Comment

Oh forgot to mention the previous owner had the exhaust replaced and his exhaust guy suggested he get a straight through... so it sounds nice too

Comment

And so the slippery slope of modding the daily begins, what is next?

Is that 180bhp?

Nice daily
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Haha I hope I can resist! I almost went and bought some Recaros to make it more comfortable but when someone ignored my interest in theirs I sort of didn't mind and have got used to the seats. I'll feel the benefit anyway once I get back into the S2's Recaros!

It's supposed to be 180 but it feels like more. Maybe it's the difference between a twin-scroll turbo'd BMW and a boosty turbo from the 90s that makes it feel like more

Comment

I like that. It would be the kind of thing i brought as a daily if i was getting rid of my van! Get a simple remap and then leave it alone bud. You will be more than happy with it for a daily after that and a map is only £200 odd i think

Comment

I was considering a remap, but for a £1350 car I can't see the point in spending that money on it. It's brisk enough so I'll leave it alone and spend more money on the S2!

Comment

Looooove that colour (Ruby Red???).
                The first shot with the sun on the side, and low in the sky looks great.
                There's a certain chap in Scotland (who's probably suffering after his birthday celebrations last night) whose got an S2 in the same colour..........

How about a similar photo, Mike

Comment

It's gorgeous isn't it! I thought it was Hibiscus Red?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                    It's gorgeous isn't it! I thought it was Hibiscus Red?
                    I'm not gonna argue

Comment

It is Hibiscus red, had a A4 sedan in tje same colour. Absolutley lovley when polished up!
                      Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Anyone familiar with the Audi Concert radio with boot-mounted CD changer from this period? It had been playing CDs fine for a few weeks until it decided one morning that they were all in error (CD1 ERR.... CD2 ERR etc etc) and a good old off-on sorted it out. Then it happened again but needed an off-eject-on to sort it and now it just refuses to recognise the CDs no matter what I do. The dilemma I've got is that I'm loathe to spend any money on anything that isn't mechanical maintenance as it's such a cheap banger to me but also on days like today I have a 3 hour drive looming but nothing but road noise to keep me sane

Anyone know of any tricks or known faults with these?

Comment

Try putting a head cleaning cd thru it as a starter
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Pull the fuse for 5 mins and reset
                            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Had to be another old audi again ?
                              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Working...
                              X