Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B4 door handles

Hey guys

The other half has a B4 saloon with door handle/lock issues.

Bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-CA...p2047675.l2557

However am wondering if it will work? Kit has measured the overall length of his coupe door handle and that is the same - Can anyone confirm whether they are inter changeable or not.

Thanks

Yes I think that they are interchangeable, mdz did this mod on his B4 saloon IIRC.

edit: He used an HAA flip key lock set from a 1996 C4, which is very similar if not identical to the final edition B3 cabrios.
    Last edited by Nuvo; 27 June 2015, 12:27.

Comment

This can be done but you will need door handle trims or whole handle from 1996&up C4, B5, 8L or D2 which uses the same HAA type keys. That's because the round hole for lock is a bit bigger on these that it is on older (HA?) type locks/handles. Handles are the same size and together with these locks are interchangable p&p. Even ETKA says Cabrio is using C4 handle trims.
      I used C4 and B5 parts because facelift Cabrios are very rare here and after some experiments I found out that all this stuff can be combined to work with B4. Even the boot lock.
      BTW those locks selling on ebay are heated

Comment

Great info mdz ��

What is involved in getting the later style flip keys functional ( or remote central locking )
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Hi Trist,

Good idea for a B4

Also consider the late B4 Cabrio adjustable wiper delay.

MDZ will be able to assist. Have a reading of his build thread.

Regards.

Comment

Yes, the wiper relay is standard for the latest versions and its better if you live in rainy area. Its not very hard to make. I almost did it one time but I broke the stalk itself by a mistake
            99' BMW 528iT (the Bear) - sold
            07'-09' Linkoln MkS 3.7 (the Limo)
            94' Audi 90 CS 2.8 (Barak Obama) -Dissasembled donor
            97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Kremena) - sold
            97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Albena) - the One

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
              Great info mdz ��

What is involved in getting the later style flip keys functional ( or remote central locking )
              Front doors - As I described above, locks and handles. P&P
              Boot - C4 Saloon lock does fit B4 saloon. I believe C4 avant lock will fit to B4 avant and one of them should fit to Cabrio and Coupe. Would be nice if someone could check which lock is used on Coupe and Cabrio
              Glovebox - Never seen anyone locking their glovebox so I didn't bother to find this out
              Ignition - This is the trickiest part. I've done this on LHD cars. Something MAY be different on RHD, but I don't think it will.
              From my experience there are 3 different ignition locks/housings found on B3/4 - one with part number starting with 443... other with 893... and third with 8A0(3)...
              893 is the one that works, the others don't. I went through 7 sets of locks while making swap kit for my friend before I found this out
              Basically what you have to do is swap over metal part at the end of ignition barrel (that's the one that turns ignition switch and breaks sometimes) from B3/4 barrel to C4 barrel.

There's a pin you need to push out, swap over and push it back in. And then put it in B3/4 ignition lock housing. Pretty much the same process as changing ignition barrel which is described here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...47&postcount=3
              From my experience this "new" ignition lock turns pretty hard at the beginning, but works normally after some usage.
              BTW that rubber cover thingy around ignition lock is different on lock with immobiliser reader coil.

Remote - Central locking pump from 1997&up C4, B5, D2, 8L. Most noticeable differences are two vacuum outputs and part number starting with 8L0. Be aware that there are pumps with remote function and without it. Those without doesn't have reciever module inside. Best would be to use 8L0862257 or 8L0862257G for European spec cars. From information I've gathered all US spec pumps has a remote functionality (at least B, M, and N pumps). EU and US spec pumps has different working frequencies - 433,92 vs 315Mhz. Then you'll need flipkey - B5, 8L, D2, C5 and a blade for it. Blades can be found on ebay (I can recommend this seller. I've ordered lots of blades for these keys and never had any problems).
              Pump connectors with wiring pigtails (Basically you'll need only power connector as it's different on old style pumps), antenna (it's ~1.5m long shielded wire hidden in central locking wiring), some vacuum lines and vacuum connectors for 8L0 pump, few meters of wires (2 wires needs to be added to loom - one for K line (coding & diagnostics) and one for vehicle speed signal), soldering equipment and Vagcom/VCDS.
              Process off fitting starts with changing power connector to pump and re-arranging wires in other 2 connectors. Connectors are the same, but pin order are different. Then add diagnostic wire (if you have 94. or newer car, you can connect it to ABS control unit. otherwise route it to fusebox where diagnostic connector normally is), vehicle speed signal (this can be taken from ABS or difflock control units) and antenna.
              Next - add second vacuum circuit to car. Smaller output is for drivers door and fuel tank flap, bigger is for other doors, boot and rear seats. Last - code it to suit your needs using Vagcom/VCDS as I described here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...56&postcount=4
              Note: +00016 is a must otherwise car will lock when you try to unlock it and vice versa.
              For additional functionality this pump supports one electric actuator you can use for boot opening (middle button on remote). Actuator can be taken from B5/C5 boot, B5 Passat tank flap (i used this) or something else.
              Here's how it works:

Here's also brief information in German about this: http://www.20v-sauger-tuning.de/Umba..._komplett1.pdf

Sounds very complicated, but if you know how to solder and can read wiring diagrams, then its just time consuming rather than hard to do.

As for programmable wipers - p&p solution is 99 wiper relay from mk3 Golf, Passat e.t.c. I have this installed for years but actually never used it other than showing off what 19 year old Audi can do

Comment

Showing off is important when other Audi enthusiast look at your car at the meeting
                The video looks so nice. Would be nice on cabriolet
                99' BMW 528iT (the Bear) - sold
                07'-09' Linkoln MkS 3.7 (the Limo)
                94' Audi 90 CS 2.8 (Barak Obama) -Dissasembled donor
                97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Kremena) - sold
                97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Albena) - the One

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys - Ill let you know how I get on when the parts arrive

Comment

How did this go matey? I'm considering a set of cabby final edition locks with flip keys for my coupe since I'll have to replace the whole lot anyway.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    1990 CQ20v
                    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                    X