The use of 7Zaps's Ekaterina Parts Catalogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The use of 7Zaps's Ekaterina Parts Catalogue

I have been trying to encourage people to try 7Zap's Parts Catalog ("Ekaterina", Kate's Russian cousin) (a relatively recent find - a few months ago). Apparently some lessons are needed. Please remember that I taught Engineering at University for 15 years and Tech school (night classes) for another 10 (during my 20 years as an Engineering consultant who made many many public presentations) so I am not being "high and mighty", I am just doing what comes naturally to me and trying to educate you on how to find your own part numbers and cross-references.

So here goes:

First you would go to the website (Link at the bottom of this lesson). This would bring up this screen (without the labels in RED that I have added to the screen shot):

For this lesson, I selected Audi 80/90/avant quattro (e.g. looking for S2 avant parts):

Okay based on a recent thread, for this lesson, we are looking for the front inner fender liner so I scroll down until I find the section that has this and click on it:

With that screen up, I select Item 21 by clicking on the number beside the diagram of the item.

Ekaterina automatically scrolls to the information about the item:

Now we are interested in the S2 avant inner liner and what is used on. So we click on the (i) symbol beside item 171E. This is what we get, a list of what other vehicles that particular part 171E is used on. I didn't do it here but when this list comes up live, you can click on the vehicle and Ekaterina goes there (NOTE: Coming back to where you were isn't necessarily easy).

There are a few added bonuses with Ekaterina:

1. If the part was also used on a VW product, the cross referencing also lists these. I did this yesterday with the after-run pump and both Audi and VW applications showed up. *THAT* could be very useful.

2. Sometimes there is also a camera symbol beside the (i) symbol. Clicking on the camera symbol pops up a photo of that part. That too could be very useful.

Here is the result of the cross-referencing of the 034965561C after-run pump used on the 3B, AAN, ABY and ADU (and more):

Furthermore, when you click on a car in that analogs list, it brings up all the years (and the areas of the world) to which that part applies on that analog.

REFERENCE: http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/

Have fun with it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UrS4boy; 30 October 2015, 14:08.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Now this is very very handy thank you

Comment

Just found out that when you click on a car in that analogs list, it brings up all the years (and the areas of the world) to which that part applies on that analog.

Attached Files

Comment

hank you, big thumbs up

Comment

Nice one Dave. Thanks for the guidance.
          I'm going to give it a go
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Thanks Dave, been using this site ever since you started posting it.

Greg W.
            They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

right click on the part number, then PAL (in etka)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post
                right click on the part number, then PAL (in etka)
                Sure. But not every body knows Kate. This is her newer Russian cousin and she is available to everyone (so far).

Ekaterina also speaks VW, BMW, Skoda, etc.
                Last edited by UrS4boy; 29 October 2015, 04:49.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  Ekaterina also speaks VW, BMW, Skoda, etc.
                  And way way more:

http://7zap.com/en/

Comment

Jeez Christmas has come early, and I thought Santa lived in Greenland

Comment

Thanks
                      1-2-4-5-3

Comment

This is so much better than partscats.info I've been using all this time! Thanks!

Comment

Thanks a lot!
                          Very,very useful.

Comment

Working...
                          X