GB - AnLe Poly Engine Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB - AnLe Poly Engine Mounts

I've been speaking with a supplier about some poly engine mounts for ABY/ADU - the offset type and they also make the non offset type for 3B, S4 & S6, which I bought and have had a good look at. I like the design, as the poly is both sides of the bolt, so it provides compliance in both directions and they're very solid design too. The poly can be 65 or 90 shore rating.

At the moment, it's looking like a potential cost of £120 for engine mounts and £60 for gearbox mounts, per pair, including powdercoat and all fixings but I'll detail the final price nearer the time.

I am more than likely going to buy a set to test out anyway.
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

I might be interested in the softer ones but TBH I'd want to experience a car with them fitted first to see if there was much increase in noise & vibration over stock mounts.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm a bit interested for AAN. But they seem welded, welded mounts don't get through our MOT.

Will they be stiffer than OE? If so wouldn't it cause increased vibration from the engine?
      Last edited by RichLV; 5 November 2015, 15:18.

Comment

I'm in the market for new engine and gearbox mounts.
        Liked my solid engine mounts, but when I fitted the solid gearbox and sub frame bushes I think it was a bridge to far

Comment

Have been using these for years, really nice bits. Keeps the engine tight and secure, zero movement. Can't recommend for OEM guys who like lullaby drive with all soft feeling, but if you are a motorsport enthusiast then go for it.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Might be interested in some 65 shore engine mounts for a 3b

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Anyone else?
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Hello Rusty. How do these compare to the Bambridge mounts? Are they harder or softer?
                  5 cilinder addict:
                  1995 UrS6, 2.2 turbo, daily driver, EFI coilkit, custom exhaust.
                  1993 S2, 2.2 turbo, ABY, long term project.
                  2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. Because reasons.

Comment

They'll be a touch softer based on the shore rating but they're not going to be like stock.

I am selling some secondhand mounts that will fit an S6 if you're looking.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                      I'm planning to push the UrS6 to RS2 spec, but I want to keep the feeling as close to OEM as possible because the UrS6 is my daily driver. So I'm probably better off refreshing with oem parts. And the S2 is going to be a weekend toy, so I don't have to compromise on vibration on that one. So I'll pass on this one.

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                      They'll be a touch softer based on the shore rating but they're not going to be like stock.

I am selling some secondhand mounts that will fit an S6 if you're looking.
                      5 cilinder addict:
                      1995 UrS6, 2.2 turbo, daily driver, EFI coilkit, custom exhaust.
                      1993 S2, 2.2 turbo, ABY, long term project.
                      2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. Because reasons.

Comment

Right, been a bit distracted, so picking this up again, as I'd like to get the order in soon

AnLe will post details about the mounts, including shore rating and finish options. I like the design of these as they have poly on both sides of the mount and so will absorb energy when moving in either direction

Please confirm your order below

Rusty - engine, gearbox & diff
                        Sjw185 - engine & gearbox

Error404?
                        Jsol?
                        Simons2
                        Vagorbust?
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Not for me thanks mate, getting old now like my comfort
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I believe these won't be far off stock stiffness, just far stronger
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I can also recommended these!
                              Not hard if engine is running well, as i5 is smooth engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X