RS2-coupe tuned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2-coupe tuned?

Just made my list: for a hopefully good RS2 set up my car is not tuned {original ADU} and now i planed to get some more HP&NM.

My list :Turbo-T04E 50 trim single ceramic bearing,
    :Original RS2 manifold,
    :Original RS2 injectors {green}
    :BOSCH fuelpump {fuel regulator?}
    : exhaust {one big pipe}
    :Sportquattro airmeter {just for the looks}
    :Airfilter {Dahlback replica}
    AUTER 5 x
    :new bearings {RS2}
    :and there is only one men that i trust with the ecu.{M}

the thing i,m going for is about 400hp and more nm 500+? i hope this set up
    will bring the power up on that level?.{who,s got this set up and are you happy
    with it? } to many questions so if you now of something
    that i forgot to make this set up work i like to hear thanks ,ROY
    RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Bearings sets, gaskets, seals, headbolts, machine shop charges and whatever else needed for opening and closing back the engine will make the costs raise quite consistently.
    So, IMHO, if you don't aim breaking the 550 Nm peak torque line and your engine is still healthy you might think of avoiding tearing apart the engine and leaving the special conrods for eventual later upgrades.
    Of course if your engine needs some bearing and piston rings refreshening, then, while doing the job, going to beefier conrods might be the right choice....

Just a thought.

Marco

Comment

Agree with Marco on this, but also...

You don't NEED the sport MAF - stock item can be used fine on the remap. Also the stock FPR is absolutely reusable by the custom mapping magician.

Suggest the money saved goes towards a big assed intercooler that wasn't on your list.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

hmm that intercooler yes, that came in my mind also. but with that i need the shorter intake and a bigger turbo . also the sportquattro exhaustmanifold then its more a sportquattro set up than a serieus RS2 set up.{nothing wrong with that offcourse.} also need new pistons with that set up .

Comment

why not get an rs2 competetion turbo,port the head and get 550-600nm maybe more,you will notish 50nm more then the those few ekstra hp 20-30hp more then a well chipped rs2.'well thats just my 00.2 cent
          Regards
          RIX

Comment

So whats an RS2 'competition' turbo then ?
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Porting off the cil,head will def work problem = dont trust most those socalled tuners drilling my engine .Do you mean with Competition TURBO that {Hybrid} one that DAHLBACK/MTM / and other tuner use in there 420 hp conversion? .

i,am still thinking about 400+hp btw that sportquattro LMM because i got one laying around thought about putting it one the car {i know the ECU also must be changed for that} it maybe looks better in aluminium.
              Last edited by DJ-ROY; 21 April 2005, 00:11.

Comment

i have read about an rs2 7200 competition turbo on the net,us page www.Urs4.com
                it´s a larger cold side wheel/housing.
                Regards
                RIX

Comment

I came across this in the family snaps the other day and it's on the urs4 website.

RS2 Turbo

034 135 703 D (old number)
                  034 145 702 B (new number)

Anybody know the differences between the turbo's and why they were changed?

Comment

rs2 hot side and wheel,rs2 +1" larger kold side wheel and housing.

Comment

the only way to build a 7200 Comp these days, is to order the RS2 turbo complete, and add larger cold side wheel/housing. Bringing full circle what I did to my first RS2 turbo in

oke nice one but i had another one in mind,

Comment

What exactly do you use as cold side and copressor wheel? Any part numbers or dimensions? for how much is it good? What about adding on this thing a k26 8 exhaust side?
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

i think it would be cheaper buy that cold side and renoveting then buying the other turbo,and the spool up will be the same as rs2???,but with a few ekstra hp,and as i have seen on here(s2forum)you will easy get 550nm maybe more,mihnea wriths up 660nm on his page,and thats with only rs2,and what get´s a car fast when giving gas is the nm,andnot the hp.
                          Regards
                          RIX

Comment

oke then ,you got a RS2 ADU the T04E 50 trim the best option
                            Last edited by DJ-ROY; 17 May 2005, 22:58.

Comment

Working...
                            X