Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porka power

hey guys,

got a track day coming up. whats the chances of a stock but remapped ABY keeping up with a boxster S especially on a very loooong straight??
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
    hey guys,

got a track day coming up. whats the chances of a stock but remapped ABY keeping up with a boxster S especially on a very loooong straight??
    You should be fine...maybe just the stock brakes that will let you down at the end of the straight

Comment

aha, I got 996's and hopefully (depending on Corey) ferrodo ds2500's

He'll stuff me in the bends tho right mid-engined?
      Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSmith_S2 View Post
        You should be fine...maybe just the stock brakes that will let you down at the end of the straight
        Brakes sorted... You'll be fine....
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Cant comment on the comparison, but also does depend on how good/commited the driver is. Example: was out in the Focus 1.8 last night, and took a Focus ST on a roundabout, he was way to nancy on the brakes upto it. He had me on the straight after though
          Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

should trounce a boxster S.....in the wet you can wave at him as you lap him too
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              in the wet you can wave at him as you lap him too
              yeah btdt about 5 years ago, one tryed to catch me while i was driving martinjs's(standard at the time) old s2,tryed taking a greasy wet corner at the same speed as i was doing(about 60mph,even the s2 was having trouble) and he ended up hitting a concrete crash barrier backwards. (he walked away incase you were wondering)

Comment

I've played with them and beaten them on a local 'private' track although I do tend to drive it like i stole it :mischeif:

The S version has a higher top end and a similar 0-60, so being a little more nimble and better balanced, you will need to be very brave on the brakes, turn in late and hard to get the heavy nose pointing in the right direction early. If you follow his line into a corner you could get end up understeering out of the corner and loosing his wheel.

Should be fun, particularly when you see the look on his face when an old car keeps up with his pride and joy

Cheers n

Si
                95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                  yeah btdt about 5 years ago, one tryed to catch me while i was driving martinjs's(standard at the time) old s2,tryed taking a greasy wet corner at the same speed as i was doing(about 60mph,even the s2 was having trouble) and he ended up hitting a concrete crash barrier backwards. (he walked away incase you were wondering)

Shame he bent the car but bmw drivers on normal roads are the best fun in the wet, either coming off a roundabout or entering a slip road....watch them give it that bit extra and then whale tail it as the grip and talent deserts them
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

My ex used to have a 986 3.2S on 18's, still lacking loads of power compared to a 911 but dependant on track a well driven one would beat a mapped S2 in the dry. Even tho they're a bit of a hairdressers car dont under estimate the handling.

I used to actually enjoy driving it but felt like a right fartknocker with the hood down, would always put it up before entering a town.

In the wet tho S2 would take it..

Comment

Working...
                    X