Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waje
    replied
    Hello, since I have an AAN inlet manifold I have manufactured a lower radiator to measure in my city, I would like to know if someone has tried to put the auxiliary radiator in series instead of in parallel, since in this way the water always I would go through it and refrigerate it better. Being the thermostat, it should reach the operating temperature in the same way but it would cool much better once on the track or circuit. Thanks.

CHEERS

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Car cooling.co.uk have none in stock

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Makes no difference road or track, unless you live in a really hot climate. Far better getting a large alloy rad / better fan / water wetter / waterless coolant.

They tend to get removed as being in the front of the bay, they get danaged and corrode easily, add to that a near £200 pricetag from Audi and the fact they do nothing and it doesn't make sense for most people to replace. Improved airflow to the intake, easier access to work on the engine and less pipework to worry about are bonuses too.

You can run 7A radiator and lower hose to properly finish the delete but most don't bother.

Leave a comment:

• ristokru
    replied
    Does aux rad helps in track for cooling or it is to small to make any difference?

Leave a comment:

• sailaz
    replied
    On mine I've found 7A aux rad as well but I'll be changing both, doesn't matter that in summer we get +25 C only for few days )))))

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Canadian RS2
    replied
    I needed to replace mine but being in Canada the cost was way too high. I ended up using one from a Coupe Quattro with the 7A. The mounting points are the same but the surface area is just a bit less. Being in Canada I figured I could get away with a little less cooling efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• GazzaG60
    replied
    they are not needed in our climate. i removed mine many years ago.

basically cap the pipe to the top of the rad on the front. and get a 7a non aux water hose from pump to radiator.

it makes life easier from a working on it prospective and saves loads o cash replacing it.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Thanks for all comments guys.
    Anyone know why these rads are often deleted?
    Don

Leave a comment:

• sailaz
    replied
    another option:

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...iators?t=73067

Attached Files
    Last edited by sailaz; 25 January 2018, 00:41. Reason: photos uploaded

Leave a comment:

• rustybullethole
    replied
    So it is, sorry I couldnt see the tree for the woods

Leave a comment:

• Rikki Kitto
    replied
    Top row second one along

Leave a comment:

• rustybullethole
    replied
    I cant see the RS2 aux rad on there but if you look around you might find this one handy

https://www.carcooling.co.uk/aux-rad...8-23mm-1aai391

Leave a comment:

• hermanio
    replied
    Part number should be 895121251

Leave a comment:

• ristokru
    replied
    In my car, my aux rad is also taken away. Why some people take those away? Does those rads make improvements in track day cooling?

Leave a comment:

• Rikki Kitto
    replied
    https://www.carcooling.co.uk/car-coo...-aux-radiator/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X