Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get replacement 1/43 scale Avus alloys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get replacement 1/43 scale Avus alloys?

Over the years I’ve collected 1/43 scale models of cars I’ve owned and have a C4 A6 and 80 Avant from Schabak which I’d like to make a little more realistic.
    My A6 ran on 17” Avus wheels while the S2 is currently on the OE 16” Avus and I’d like to change the wheels on the models to match this. I’ve not seen any other Audi’s in the Schabak range that would give an easy wheel swap so I’m wondering if there are any aftermarket suppliers of white metal or 3D printed Avus wheels. There does seem to be a market for this type of thing and I’ve found a few suppliers but none of them do much in the way of Audi wheels. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    A 3D printed set of 1/43 S2 Avant bumpers would be a great find too.

Cheers

David
    1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
    1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
    1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Hi David,

I came across this post yesterday so based on my OEM Avus (I have the 16" and 18" Avus rounded spokes, not the later S4 square version) I had a go at drawing up a simple version in CAD. Below is the single sided version but I also did a version with spokes on both sides.

TopView.PNG Angled.PNG

The problem is printing it to the 1:43 scale. I currently have a stock 0.4mm nozzle on my printer so this will not do the resolution required for the 1:43 scale surface finish etc. as for a 16" wheel seems to be around 9.5mm diameter rims both by calculation and measurement of some of my own models.

Printing at 200% (wheel diameter of around 19mm) produced a reasonable result for all but the Audi logo on the hub cap, but with a bit of fettling this might improve, so basically 1:20 scale yes, but nowt smaller.

I then ran my slicer based on a 0.2mm nozzle and this looked much better so might be something I can do in the future if/when I get round to buying a range of different nozzles.

Cheers n
    Si
    Last edited by HPmuirt; 4 July 2020, 16:55. Reason: site still has issues
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Working...
    X