Parking tickets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking tickets...

So i came home last Thursday to find a speeding fine and a court summons for an unpaid parking ticket.

I got this ticket back in May and the south hams council have only just pulled there finger out to send me the summons.

When i had the ticket i sent it back to them asking to take it to court. This was for various reasons.

Anyway, I didn't here anything else from them and now 5 months after i got the ticket they want me in court.

Does any one know if there is a time stamp on this? i.e. if the defendant requests a court hearing they have to arrange one with in x months otherwise it invalidates the fine????

If there is no such thing then ill go in there on Thursday and take them apart because im ****ing not paying a £60 fine and court fees for parking right outside my house.. {rant over}

Cheers.
    Bo
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

6 months I think mate.
    UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

Try here
      www.pepipoo.com

Comment

also visit the PATAS site, national parkin and traffic appeals service should give you a few details.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks guys will give that a try.
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

*smiles fondly during moment of relection* I remember Ross getting a parking ticket during our first date! haha remember that darling?

Comment

I've had about 15 parking tickets to date!

I have only paid for two of them! :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Daisfunky View Post
                *smiles fondly during moment of relection* I remember Ross getting a parking ticket during our first date!
                Yeah - I don't remember smiling fondly about it...

Too bad Bo, can't give any advice other than give them a hard time for me, too... if they can get you for it they will, and nail you to the floor for it. In the incident that Laura kindly reminded me of - I'd parked for 15 mins in a pay + display. Went back to get a ticket when i realised my mistake, was horrified to see I already had one on the outside of the screen
                AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                  If there is no such thing then ill go in there on Thursday and take them apart because im ****ing not paying a £60 fine and court fees for parking right outside my house..
                  Im currently waiting my 14 + 5 days postal strike time
                  S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Bo, Have a read through this site >> here that was emailed to a friend of mine.

Certainly opened my eyes to the dirty tricks your local council can try and pull

Jas..
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Went to court yesterday and explained to the magistrate why i was parked where i was at the time.

After consideration and consulting with the others she let me off and cleared me of all charges and fines.

Good times..
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Nice one Bo
                        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Had a bit of a triumph today. I had a letter through the post in about july last year trying to give me a parking fine when I did a disco for Angus in Westminster which didnt exist.

I appealed and they rejected it saying I was given a ticket by the attendent.

I appealed to PATAS and westminster withdrew.

So out of principle I took the to the small claims court through www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to recoup my costs making these appeals for the non existent ticket and today I received a cheque from them for my costs

Will teach them to try and be cheeky sods!!!!
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                            Had a bit of a triumph today. I had a letter through the post in about july last year trying to give me a parking fine when I did a disco for Angus in Westminster which didnt exist.

I appealed and they rejected it saying I was given a ticket by the attendent.

I appealed to PATAS and westminster withdrew.

So out of principle I took the to the small claims court through www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to recoup my costs making these appeals for the non existent ticket and today I received a cheque from them for my costs

Will teach them to try and be cheeky sods!!!!
                            Wish I'd new that before , last year my total tickets paid was just under 2k.
                            sigpic_________
                            Rob

Comment

How much!!!!

Where have you been parking?
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X