Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all S2 owners, serious group test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all S2 owners, serious group test?

Following on from my previous thread about 3B vs ABY does anyone fancy this?

Road test and comparison of 3B vs ABY, standard, modded suspension, modded engine.

So we need 6 cars to fit the above, as well as willing owners of said cars to let other people road test them a little.

Not looking to pick holes in anyones motor, just a comparison between like spec cars between the 3B and ABY platform.

Mainly a coupe test, but suppose could make it an avant test as well, did they do an avant 3B?

Make it a mini meet with a purpose, and add the info gained into the buying guides allready about?

Plus of course, would then help me work out what the heck i want when it comes to buying time and how far im likely to want to mod/empty piggy bank lol

Location: depends on whos willing to step forward with suitable cars.

Review Panel: Owners of said cars, plus a couple of mods maybe? (and me, gotta blag a drive of a few to make me mind up ya know!)

Anyones thoughts?
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

See that fell on deaf ears then, no one fancied the idea?
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Hope you are fully comp then?

Comment

Of course
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Theoretically i guess this could be quite a laugh. Im not sure how keen people are to let others drive there cars (especially uninsured) and you'd also need a bit of private/unrestricted road that has all the suitable terrain to put the quattro system through its paces. I.e. Nurburgring.
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

So you come out the winner getting to drive all these s2s, what are you going to do for the owners?

Pay some petrol?

Comment

Bo, wasnt thinking of going quite that mad, but do see your point about suitable terrain etc.

Cullam, its all done in the name of research for the greater good, and a right laugh to boot? :mischeif:
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Well, im not in thats fore sure Would gladly check out the photos and vids of evidence after though.

Good luck with this one..
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Well it seems like a cheeky way of working out what sort of S2 to buy and how far to mod it if you ask me.....brilliant idea mate

Cheers n

Si
                  95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                  Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                  With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Cheers Si, i thought so too lol

However, seriously, thought it mite be a right laugh as well, goood excuse for a meet up and to get a few peoples views on differences in standard and modded cars.

All added to the forums wealth of knowledge for the beginner/new owner/prospective owner. ( and i get a clue as to where im going/what i want as well, to be fair lol)

Can understand peoples reservations about letting someone else drive there car, but wasnt on about pushing them hard, just an average test drive for comparisons.
                    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Sounds like quite a good idea, what sort of stuff did you have in mind?
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Not really sure at the mo, was just an idea, kinda depends on enough people with the right cars wanting to be involved really.

The idea is mainly to compare 3 pairs of cars 3B to ABY and 3 states of tuneing, but based on several drivers opinions of said cars, from normal average driveing and a little bit of "spirited" driveing depending on location, conditions and owners willingness.

Really is just the start of an idea, but getting the impression that theres not gona be much interest. Was mainly based around the coupe but could include the Avant as well, dunno if there was a 3B varient though?

Basically the idea is to make a buyers guide based on several owners opinions and expericences, while providing an insight into tuneing ideas/levels and there affects, in one handy guide.

Added bonus is it helps me work out what i will end up getting, but then seeing as the guide would be aimed at people like me with limited knowledge and a lot of choice, seemed like a god idea for people in the future?
                        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X