Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first S2 perhaps??

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/252699.htm

Its been on there a while, closest red one to me that i know, and just noticed the last 3 letters of reg are same as my 2.0 8V, scary, a sign maybe?

Anyone know the car by any chance, or live near enough to have a look at it?

Doesnt say if its 3B or ABY, can anyone tell me?

(wonders of to consult the piggy bank....)
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Oh well, forget that, there website says its sold!!

Come on then, anyone on here got it?
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Thats a 3b, if you look at the cam cover its raised up and thinner than the one on a aby.

I saw it before on there could be a forum members now.

Comment

Aha cheers for the info, now theres one way i can tell in the future
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Man. You should really know your 3B from your ABY by now.
          There's a battery under the bonet for a start, obviously the list goes on if you look.
          I suggest you do more reading rather than posting.
          SS

Comment

Will have to bear that in mind, allthough to be fair, its only been the last couple of weeks that ive even got as far as thinking 3B or ABY, till then it had just been a Red one
            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Hey Gary hang in there mate you have to be patient!.
              Took two years for the right one to come along for me. Always wanted a coupe but as time went by & thiking pratical ( young kids ) opted for the avant & absolutley love it to bits.
              I'm not dissing the red but be carefull it doe's look terrible if not looked after ( mine pearl blue ) i do like red but it has to be like new for the right effect.
              Some good advice from 4wheeldrifter , Check out hints & tips mate , i spent nearly a week just readig threads in this section. Just about everything you need to know is in the members area, i'd be the first to admit that i'm a complete novice to the Turbo side of things ( first car with a big blower thing on it ) & feel a right t**t asking some basic questions, but that's what a forum like this is for. GOD BLESS THE S2FORUM.
              Me for one would be knackerd without it.
              Good luck with the search, has been said before all good things come to those that wait.

Dale.
              sigpic

Comment

Check out s2central.net for buyers guides etc and just keep asking people on the forums if you see cars incase anyone knows about them, when I was looking for one I sent jas11n (jason) links to two cars and I ended up going for s2dude's because of what had been done to it.

Comment

All advice appreciated guys, the looking in earnest begins next year, as will the weeks worth of reading lol

Just had seen that one on there for ages, then realised how close the reg was to my 2.0
                  Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Err, Gary.

Have you overlooked this one?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/304910.htm

Cheers,

Steve.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Err no Steve, hadnt over looked it, but its in Scotland........ lol
                      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

scotland's not that far away!!...I had people from the shetlands looking at my s2 which was in the midlands.....sometimes the 'perfect' car is some distance away...

Comment

you must have missed my roadtrip thread mate

from ipswich to south wales for a white 20v, sometimes you just have to go the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                            Err no Steve, hadnt over looked it, but its in Scotland........ lol
                            I did a 10 hour round trip to look at my S2 before I bought it.
                            It was a good job it wasn't a wasted trip.
                            SS

Comment

Thats my worry, long way to go to be disapointed
                              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X