Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday Morning Ramblings and a strange problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Morning Ramblings and a strange problem?

I don't normally post random ramblings but i thought I would share two observations that I have made over the last 24 hours.

1.) Forget about larger turbos, RS2 Engine upgrades etc. There is a much much easier way to gain the performance increases you are looking for.

Simply follow my lead, sell your MK2 Golf and buy a Diesel! My god does an S2 feel like a rocket ship after driving a 90BHP dag dag. Turbo lag is non existent, the car has unfathomable torque from 1000 rpm upwards and when it does actually get on boost it doesn't stop pulling like a train until well past 120mph!

I was GENUINELY surprised at how quick my S2 is! (I hadn't driven for two weeks until last night)

Save your pennies, buy a Diesel.

2.) I had a really strange problem in the S2 last night. It was cold and foggy on the way out and I couldn't help feeling my feet getting a bit cold. So I turned the heating down on to my feet, which helped a little. Alas, my left foot was hot but my right foot still draughty and cold. I reached down into the footwell, and to my surprise could feel an icy cold draught coming in down by the bonnet release.

I pondered this all evening to and from my Squash match and just could not work it out.

It finally occured to me at Midnight what was wrong.

Any guesses?

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

You had only one sock on?

Comment

Nope!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

There's a big hole in the side of your footwell?
        John Bowlerwell
        Electronic Engineer

Present:
        Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
        Previous:
        Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
        Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

hes polished a hole through the side of the car

Comment

Rubber gromett missing from somewhere down there?
            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter View Post
              good one!
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

120mph... which private track was that on then... :mischeif:
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

A few people are warm but not there yet!

Answer at 12.30.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter View Post

No, I have not polished it recently.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Having been driving a 90hp golf over the past 2 weeks, your right foot has become rather a lot heavier than it used to be. This increased heaviness resulted in a hole under your accelerator pedal when on the power.
                      John Bowlerwell
                      Electronic Engineer

Present:
                      Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                      Previous:
                      Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                      Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Anything to do with tweeters in the dash vents meaning the duct that did feed the dash vent is now pointing at your pinkies?

Comment

Rubber seal at the back of the engine bay letting air leak down around the fuse box?
                          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I agree on the feeling faster due to driving a slow car theory!
                            When I had my Cossie, I only really drove it at the weekend, inbetween times I drove the missus Cavalier SRI, or nothing atall with big gaps between driving the Cossie.
                            When you drive a car every day, you get too used to it, and dont apprechiate it as much (the key word).

Im really looking forward to moving house tomorrow, as that will signal not having to drive it to work everyday anymore, and I will enjoy the car more then

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                              Rubber seal at the back of the engine bay letting air leak down around the fuse box?
                              Very hot!
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X