MIJ Performance UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Performance UK

has anyone heard or use them for there custom exhaust, have a mate who has an s2 and thinking of getting on of there exhaust or maybe a miltex exhaust! also MIJ Performance UK exhaust are use out of t304 stainless and tig welded! here a web link
    http://www.mijperformance.com/exhaust-audi.html can anyone recommend them or recommend exhausts to buy? thanks

If you search the forum there's a couple of mentions of them.

Comment

Hummmmm...

Must look up T304 ss (aircraft grade)

304 is pretty low grade and cheap, everyone uses it...and it will rust no matter what they say!
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

they seem to have good feedback!

Comment

I had an exhaust made by them. Decent boxes but the welding wasnt that good and started to rust after around 6 months of being on the car
          I wouldnt recommend them.

Comment

my friend range them today and quoted him £500 for a full system from turbo back and £450 if he wanted the manifold done aswell! it all t304 stainless is that anygood? thanks

Comment

I'd say they have mis-quoted your friend, according to their website they want £430 for a cat back system and a downpipe costs a lot more than £70. A good down pipe is generally around £250 and then theres a cat if it's an ABY, thats another £150.
              I'd phone again and check that they know what they are quoting for.
              sigpic
              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Also, thought it had allready been established (post 3) that the grade of stainless there useing isnt that good?
                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

sorry my bad misread the quoto! it say this The turbo-back stainless steel exhaust system you've requested for Audi S2 will cost £550.0, and it an aby but they will use 2 boxs througth out the system and they said they fit back the lamber sensor in the exhuast with there custom housing for the sensor ! also what the grade t304 is that not good, is there better ones out there and if someone could reommend an exhaust compay would be great ? oohhhh they tig weld there exhaust too lol

also found this manfold on ebay whay do u think? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=015

Last edited by s2nutter; 26 March 2008, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                    Also, thought it had allready been established (post 3) that the grade of stainless there useing isnt that good?
                    Nothing wrong with 304 as far as I can make out. If you search around that is what all the good exhaust people use, and some bad! 034 stuff is 304. Some exhaust places use an inferior grade, powerflow used to although I've noticed that even they seem to be using 304 now. Still wouldn't recommend powerflow though!
                    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

hi i used to have a system on my golf from powerflow and it was not stainless it was also mig welder which kept blowing from the spot weld! these guys tig which is a good thing lol

Comment

k well personally i dont know, just remember the post above and was commenting is all. lol
                        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

cheers for the info tho dude!

Comment

T304

is fine for zorsts cos its cheap, readily available and easy'ish to work with.

Just dont beleive all the hype about 'aircraft grade', BAe hardly use any metal in the construction of their airliners...nearly all composite and glue...scary stuff.

It will rust, and whether mig'ed or tig'ed can still be made to look shi'ite...the person welding is the more important.

More useful to know is are the tubes ERW'ed or cold drawn and all bends 'mandrel bent'.

You want 'bling' ask for medical/food industry grade 316...and be sat down!
                            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                              More useful to know is are the tubes ERW'ed or cold drawn and all bends 'mandrel bent'.

You want 'bling' ask for medical/food industry grade 316...and be sat down!
                              Yes Carl, 316 and also 316Ti as it has a higher temperature resistance but again cost
                              Chef

Comment

Working...
                              X