Best & Worst comments on your car ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best & Worst comments on your car ?

Ok...we've all heard the one about the S2 owner who was asked if their car was a sooped-up Audi A2 (ouch)... but what else have people said about your car (s)

As a former TR7 owner ... that took lots of stick (at age 21 I didn't know they were **** cars)

Garage Mechanic - "oh yes it's just like a Marina, with fewer seats"

AA Breakdown call centre " The reg ends 50 S ...that's like S.O.S. "

AA Breakdown (said they were **** cars) " British Racing Green, isn't that an unlucky colour"

Small Kid (and this makes it all worth it): "Hey dad, isn't that the Knight Rider car" (cue pop-up headlamps)

ps: anyone ever seen my old TR7, reg VHX 50S ???)
    SOLD !

Yep, in a scrap yard sorry couldn't resist that only joking

Comment

Of course, had the A2 one...
      John Bowlerwell
      Electronic Engineer

Present:
      Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
      Previous:
      Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
      Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

The brainless dopey security guard at work very kindly told me that his and my car both look very similar......

Comment

• A reply from Piper cams asked if the 2.2 was a variant of the 4cyl engine.
          • Some bint from Bristol Audi told me my car didn't exist but had to concede that it did when I took her to the car park to show herSouped up !
          • A2 is the numpties' favourite.
          • I get abuse from work colleagues as it's white.
          • Most of my friends drive beemers and like to point out that it understeers a lot (although it doesn't :mischeif: )
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Sitting out side the pub over the weekend...i overheard a bloke comment on my car ' wow, that red audi looks nice' followed by another car expert bloke say...ahh, thats just an ordinary car on souped up wheels'

I couldnt resist...so i interupted the debate and told then the full run down on the car, the look on the blokes face was priceless

but they were genuinly gobsmacked when i told them the age of the car.

Comment

Simular to your story Bri... i walked into the car park to find a young lad at one of the places i work laughing at the RS2... heard him saying "why has he put Porsche brakes, alloys and mirrors on an old Audi estate?" the following week i overheard him asking a few people for a lift... my point was made within 3 miles of our journey by the steady stream of swear words that left his mouth the only trouble is everytime ive been there with the RS2 since someone always needs a lift
              S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                • I get abuse from work colleagues as it's white.
                Whats wrong with that?!
                I LOVE white cars, and wish mine was!

White cars with parts picked out in black are the best no question....

May I present my evidence for the numpties you work with

Comment

Comment by some french people in the pit at the Nordschleife who had seen me go round in the RS2 - "how did you make your Audi 80 so fast, and where did you get that styling kit?"
                  2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-line____2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro____1994 Audi RS2 2,2T Avant____Audi Quattro Experience____Audi Sportscar Experience
                  Protected movement - with quattro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSmith_S2 View Post
                    Sitting out side the pub over the weekend...i overheard a bloke comment on my car ' wow, that red audi looks nice' followed by another car expert bloke say...ahh, thats just an ordinary car on souped up wheels'

I couldnt resist...so i interupted the debate and told then the full run down on the car, the look on the blokes face was priceless

but they were genuinly gobsmacked when i told them the age of the car.
                    Brilliant!

That is one of the reasons I still love the S2. It is sooo understated....
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
                      Simular to your story Bri... i walked into the car park to find a young lad at one of the places i work laughing at the RS2... heard him saying "why has he put Porsche brakes, alloys and mirrors on an old Audi estate?" the following week i overheard him asking a few people for a lift... my point was made within 3 miles of our journey by the steady stream of swear words that left his mouth the only trouble is everytime ive been there with the RS2 since someone always needs a lift
                      Kids eh?

I love that story....
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I got told it looked like a Mk 1 Celica . had to promptly dust his 5.0 V8 Holden SS commondore
                        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

When I lived in Haslemere a few years ago and a guy knocked on the door and asked to buy my car

Guildford Audi Parts person who again said 'We never made an S2......' and so I introduced him to the 'only one they ever made'

My local DHL man who asked if my car was ever going to have wheels back on it after it was stood on axle stands for 4 months last summer

A chav in a 106 who drew up at a set of lights in Esher and said it sounded f***ing awesome being nailed down the previous dual-carriageway who am I to disagree
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                            I got told it looked like a Mk 1 Celica . had to promptly dust his 5.0 V8 Holden SS commondore
                            Oh yeah! I see what he meant...

Cheers'en, AndyC
                            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              A chav in a 106 who drew up at a set of lights in Esher and said it sounded f***ing awesome being nailed down the previous dual-carriageway who am I to disagree
                              Like that one

At the mo all im getting from the missis is "ya looking at/buying parts for/working on that car again?
                              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X