How's the weather there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the weather there?

We here in the States are hearing about the Arctic cold that England is getting hit with
    and snow in Paris. Is this true? Our weather people here are saying that the Global climate change is starting to hit Europe hard. They say that northern England will start feeling like Chicago & Boston with record snowfalls and bitter cold. We understand that Holland is also feeling the effects of the same type of change in weather patterns. Not good.

On the continent its very cold: -35°C by night in the east of germany, not that much of snow. But there are some folks that still use summer tires. One young lady killed hereself yesterday during an overtake.
    '93 Audi S2 Avant panthero black, 412.000km
    '94 Audi S4 C4 Avant 303Tkm, KW, Brembos, BN-Pipes, Bose, S6 front (sold)
    '93 Audi S4 C4 Avant, 260Tkm
    '88 Audi 100 Avant turbo 44Q
    '84 Audi 80 quattro tornado red
    sigpic

Comment

In the middle of an 8 day or so cold spell the reckon here in the uk.

Im more southern england and have seen a little snow with overnight temps of -6 ish and day temps struggling to get above 0.

Havent seen cold like this for a few years it must be said, and snow for that matter!

Annoyingly, no Quattro on the road to have fun in
      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Its getting milder again now, last week its been between -6 and -10 deg C overnight and -4 to 0 during the day but getting milder which im glad about because I havent got central heating at moment while its replaced.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah pretty abrupt ending to the really cold spell now, started yesterday and well into plus figures now again. I have to say actually its been really nice to have a proper cold spell this year, southern Uk winters are usually mild, grey and damp we only have two seasons here lol the only noticable change being the 1hr change for BST
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen View Post
            We here in the States are hearing about the Arctic cold that England is getting hit with
            and snow in Paris. Is this true? Our weather people here are saying that the Global climate change is starting to hit Europe hard. They say that northern England will start feeling like Chicago & Boston with record snowfalls and bitter cold. We understand that Holland is also feeling the effects of the same type of change in weather patterns. Not good.
            sounds like scare mongering by the media, allow its been cold, admittly colder than normal, anyone over age of about 50 says this just way winters use to be. does seem older people tend make things out to be worse than they were some would say

personally iv become very anti media after a local report here got into national news a year and a half ago, was reported by the bbc in a very bias'd manner and only used one year as an example rather than looking at previous weather records

Comment

Being from Scotland and having just moved to England i think its hilarious how big a deal the fact it is cold down here is. Its cold, but not out of the norm for the north of Scotland (I'm from Aberdeen originally)

Comment

Allot of shandy drinking going on here ..I am just back from a swim in the "local burn "...
                93 S2 Avant Parting
                91 URQ RR
                02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

All most tropical today by comparison to the last few.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_n View Post
                    Being from Scotland and having just moved to England i think its hilarious how big a deal the fact it is cold down here is. Its cold, but not out of the norm for the north of Scotland (I'm from Aberdeen originally)
                    You'll get soft!!! I moved down here from the isle of skye about 5 years ago and spent the first winter in a T shirt. Now freezing my b*llox off

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Rider S4 View Post
                      Allot of shandy drinking going on here ..I am just back from a swim in the "local burn "...

You don't have to be over 50 to remember cold winters. I was thinking it's more like it used to be. Funny how the climate balances itself out over a long period.
                      I much prefer cold and dry to not so cold and damp. We could do with a bit more of that cold continental air, rather than the damp Atlantic stuff IMHO.
                      It got down to -12ºC here in Devon on Tuesday night. I'm a long way from the warm sea here, about 25 miles.
                      I think we could be in for a colder winter this year, as the lack of a summer last year must mean the land and sea is cooler than it should be.
                      SS

Comment

Reporting from Oslo, Norway that sits at the same latitude as Alaska and the southern part of Greenland.
                        We had temps down to approx -15c over the past few weeks, but it is getting back into normal January temps now, meaning +4 to +6 degs C, so the few mm's of snow will soon melt.
                        Of course, that is normal as compared to the past 20years (we pretty much lost the typical cold, Nordic winter climate back in the late 80's).
                        The period of cold temps this winter is caused by a record low solar activity (no sunspot activity) compared with the remains of the La Nina effect in the Pacific, in addition to currents in the Atlantic. Nothing un-normal about this, but it masks the proposed (and observed at this location) warming trend, especially in the winter time.
                        1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                        1994 80E Avant
                        1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

I'd better keep my mouth shut then
                          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

its cold here in north jersey.. but not like it used to be, there is hardly any snow that has fallen this year as well as in the past few years... but at least to go snowboaring its only 45min away...
                            that global warming thing is bs. thats what they want you to think. how many million years ago was there an ice age. the climate always changes, the whole planet changes. so to say that carbon dioxide is making the polar ice caps melt is stupid. what made them freeze in the first place so many million years ago? whatever it was it was natural.
                            Pete
                            Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
                            AAN swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen View Post
                              Sounds nasty. Glad I don't live in England.

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              I'd better keep my mouth shut then
                              Yeah must be terrible there mate.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              1990 CQ20v
                              2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X