The Bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bet

Right, well tonight I got bored and was chatting to madwolf about his cars and I tried betting him that my s2 will be back on the road before his will be.

Problems with the cars:

His:

mot
    wheel vibration (probably oval wheels)
    snapped studs in the head
    Put the car back together for the mot and so it can be road legal.
    plus various other little small problems.

I still think the head will have to be removed unless someone can weld something to the studs to remove them, easy job either way and the above should not take too long to sort out and the car could be road worthy in a week or possibly two.

Mine:

Mot has run out since its been in my lockup
    complete engine build which is in progress atm
    new brakes
    refurb the wheels
    respray
    various other mods to the car which are in progress atm
    remove the dash, fit a few mods and put it back in.

I have said to him that I still think my car will be done before his, i've got a few things including the engine being done atm but its progressing slowly.

What do people think, will either car be on the road before the end of the year, this is just for a laugh and not meant to annoy him, just friendly banter. I've already offered to give him a hand with the car so it will see the road sometime soon but I need access to the car to do stuff to it.

you forgot another problem....it's not currently somewhere that it is accessable and it needs to be moved in order to be worked on. I'd like to bet with Madwolf and if he accepts your kind offer I think he'll win.......however my financial advisor say's no
    Project Little Gem - Pearl White Track Toy quattro

Comment

current state of play with my s2 and other projects, they are actually in the lockup and the s2 has been started on, got most suspension bits etc.

once thats done the coupe gt5s will get tidied up as its just been in storage and only done 13 miles since the last mot. Still started up first time tho and sounded amazing

Comment

Love the GT5S (although later seats)... Bet it makes the unit rattle once running...

VBR

Ian
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
          Love the GT5S (although later seats)... Bet it makes the unit rattle once running...

VBR

Ian
          Well spotted that man, you really know your stuff about these

yeah it makes a lovely sound even on the standard system, its very nearly standard apart from lowered and a K&N and the later seats.

The seats was a last minute decision as the old one's had gone on the bolster and I picked up that mint set for £40 off the bay complete so I swapped them over, an audifans member had the interior to replace the missing interior in his coupe gt5s.

Only problem I found with the interior is the buckle holders are different on the seats between a type 81 and type 85. I am either going to get the seat buckles from the old seats or swap the belts over from a coupe gt I have for breaking.

The car has been in the family for since about 1988 and my father was the second owner before I got it from him, 93k on the clock and looks lovely when all cleaned up, just parts are getting scarce for them now.

Comment

Seeing as you are in possession of your S2 (always a good start) then I reckon you'll win. If Gary pulls his finger out and gets his car back in the next month or so, he'll take a very close lead.

What's in the pot so far?

Comment

Neither of you will be ready for ADI 2009 in October (With valid MOT's) that's my bet.

8 months and counting!

The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'll get in on this bet with my car as well

Comment

Hahah, maybe you should put my CQ in the mix too as now i have the diesel working, well mostly, i have desided to finally crack on with mine! mut between you i think its will be close, but you have the edge,and i never knew your lockup was that big!!! i'll come and visit more often!! lol

Ant
                  91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
                  KW V2s and other goodies
                  now gone
                  03' BMW 330CI - Sold
                  08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
                  57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                    Neither of you will be ready for ADI 2009 in October (With valid MOT's) that's my bet.

8 months and counting!

You've got the whole wrong time scale in mind. When is the next Olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                      Right, well tonight I got bored and was chatting to madwolf about his cars and I tried betting him that my s2 will be back on the road before his will be.

Has his car actually been on the road under his ownership???

any witnesses

Comment

Thanks Pete, ya git!

Your allmost right with mine, only other major thing is brakes, most likely master cylinder.

At the mo been concentrating on the 80 as MOT is due begining of Feb and front bushes are shockingly bad apart from the addition of 17" alloys to gain back some ried height and HID's so i can see where the hell im going, have no other major plans.

That should be sorted by end of next week so can start looking at the S2 again, starting with those studs

And yes, the S2 has been driven by me, once, the journey home

Still say mine will be sorted first, the track at ADI beckons, and hopefully at least one other this year :mischeif:
                        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

I wouldn't bet anything on Pete or Gary's cars being street legal in a hurry - they both been dithering about for months and months - my dog ate my homework - I had to move house - I had to fix the other broken car - manyanna manyanna... LOL - Come on lads - get thy act in to gear...

Not that I'm one to chastise or take the mickey - I've always got more ideas for my car than I have time to try them out. Too many projects is great for keeping you on your toes, but it can be a right PITA when they move forward so slowly... Sometimes its better to just get single-threaded on one thing and see it thru to completion - at least to important milestones anyway.
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                            That should be sorted by end of next week so can start looking at the S2 again, starting with those studs
                            Have you managed to blag some help from some mechanically minded Chippendales then??

.....sorry,couldn't resist!

Comment

/\ /\ /\

The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X