No announcement yet.

Potholes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering how much keeping a car on the road costs-tax etc,the state of them is really not on,i don't understand how they can fall into such a state of disrepair-it's getting rediculous
    i feel for those of you who have suffered damage to your motors,probably only a matter of time before i share the same fate the roads in leeds are really s**tty!
    It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

I've just sourced a set of S2 avus at a good price so they will do for the moment. Seriously considering not going back to 18's, the roads round here are a mess and ride quality really sucks.

Comment

Im still trying to source some 17"s for my 80 for reasons just like this, any pothole, dip in the road or speedbump and i scrape the exhaust/subframes/floor due to lowered suspension and 45 profile tyres on 15" rims

HAving replaced one part of the exhaust lets just say im driving very carefully till wheeks are sorted..... and the roads are an absolute disgrace where ever ya go
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

I think the roads are s**t because they use all their tarmac up making speed bumps
          It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Originally posted by add View Post
            I think the roads are s**t because they use all their tarmac up making speed bumps
            thats a very good point!
            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Martin,
              Main thing is to get pictures as has been said. You 'need' most importantly, to get a picture showing the depth of the hole. Above a certain depth and they'll not even blink.
              Use a coke can or something as easily recognisable for size, to show the depth. Take the pictures from ground level as well as other angles.

I managed to successfully claim for a completely borked alloy (a 5 spoke 16" MiM) way back in 1996 when I had vauxhall astra gte 16v, although I appreciate that's a long time ago.

Decent site for info >>> Link

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
              Im still trying to source some 17"s for my 80 for reasons just like this, any pothole, dip in the road or speedbump and i scrape the exhaust/subframes/floor due to lowered suspension and 45 profile tyres on 15" rims
              So you want 17" wheels plus correct size tyres to avoid damage to the car from potholes?, instead of just buying the correct size tyres (205/60/15) for the 15's?

Okay.......good plan.
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post

So you want 17" wheels plus correct size tyres to avoid damage to the car from potholes?, instead of just buying the correct size tyres (205/60/15) for the 15's?

Okay.......good plan.
                Well the cost of four tyres = the same as 4 used 17" wheels and tyres, plus the 15" look a bit small on there as well so made sense to go 17"s
                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
                X