Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did YOU buy an S2 ???

just curious as to what you guys think.

The s2 is hardly a car people dream of from a young age, but when you drive one it sort of sells itself?

People always think M3 or Cossie
    My main reasons for my purchase :

Gorgeos sounding 5 pot
    Quattro traction

Wanted a fast 4 wheel drive estate car.

I have a family and dogs and I still consider my self a boy racer

Looked at s4's but at the time only s**t heaps where available for my budget.

So, after finding this site I looked long and hard covering hundreds of miles to find a good example and never looked back.

As estate cars go styling wise in my opinion you can not beat the s2.

cheers

rich
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

The thought of a l reg estate car doing 0-60 in 6.1 amused me.
      Im a bit of a vag slag
      Cheaper to insure than a scooby
      i dont like scoobys
      couldnt afford an evo
      seemed a logical step up from a g60 raddo

i dindt realise how much they cost to run until after the cash was handed over!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_w View Post
        The thought of a l reg estate car doing 0-60 in 6.1 amused me.
        Im a bit of a vag slag
        Cheaper to insure than a scooby
        i dont like scoobys
        couldnt afford an evo

Almost sums it up for me too!

I love fast estates for some odd reason . (and it was cheap to insure because of the body style )

Comment

I graduated from Audi 80s to a 10v CQ and the S2 was a logical step ....and I bought it on the spur of the moment.
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

I couldn't afford one of these which I really wanted

Still all good things come to those that wait..... still waiting for the lottery win tho

Comment

Have to say the S2 and Rs ive always wanted since theve beeb about. Loved rallying in the 80s and always had a love of boxy underdog cars, Alfa sz Puuegeot 309 etc. was really planning on getting an Rs2 but commonsense go the better of me!!!
              Its Actually now great to say i own my dream car! Couldnt be happier............well maybe a lil more power, bigger brakes etc etc

Comment

...to fix it rather than let it be broken by another

Comment

I bought mine as i had a UR but wanted something quick for a daily. Looked at the S2 and loved it. Now i use it at weekends and have a run around
                  3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Well first started off with a UrS4 which was great but been on here its like an addiction to get something else...So went into the funeral business so needed to cart the dead bodies about so the straight forward choice was to buy the S2 avant..... After ex amount of months ownership , boost leaks, cylinder head gasket , head rebuild I got use to the idea of ownership meant the occasional repair would be needed ....Then when I didnt need to fix the S2 avant anymore I got bored and bought another one that needed fixed and so on and so on..... Fast cars , no one knows them even Audi dealers and have that bit of difference about them that other cars I feel dont
                    93 S2 Avant Parting
                    91 URQ RR
                    02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

I blae the forum!!

Found the place back when i had my 2.0, sold that when it was no longer required and teh S2 become the logical step :mischeif:

To be fair i had a go in one before i got the 2.0 but at the time couldnt aford it, otherwise id have had it!
                      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

I started driving in about 1996, with a Golf 1.3 quickly superseded by a GTi, then various Scirrocos, more Golf's and a couple of Corrados both VR6 and G60. And then I purchased a 2.3 NG Coupé off a mate, which I still have as my daily driver. Guess this swung me this way but I'd always wanted an S2 since learning of their existence due to my interest in VAG cars in general. Well I was torn between an S2 and a UR really, just so happened that an interesting S2 came up for sale close to me first. Can still see myself getting a UR, but I'll be keeping the S2.
                        Last edited by K Simmonds; 20 November 2009, 16:55.
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                          I blae the forum!!

Found the place back when i had my 2.0, sold that when it was no longer required and teh S2 become the logical step :mischeif:

To be fair i had a go in one before i got the 2.0 but at the time couldnt aford it, otherwise id have had it!
                          I was expecting , I bought it to try out my dremel and park in garage for eternity
                          93 S2 Avant Parting
                          91 URQ RR
                          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Well, What happened was........

I bought an e36 316 BMW and though I'd love it. Turns out I didnt and kept it 6 months then sold it. Bought an Audi 80 TDI for 1/3 of the money and loved it instead. HAd since then:

80TDI
                            80 16v Avant
                            100 TDI Auto
                            A6 TDI (C4)
                            80 2.8q

Even bought my mum an 80 2.0 auto as a present

I have always had at least one classic car since I was about 21 and I already have an opel manta thats locked up in the garage so wanted a usable classic (and a bit more power than the A6).

Enter the S2!
                            1996 Audi S6 Avant.
                            1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Rider S4 View Post
                              I was expecting , I bought it to try out my dremel and park in garage for eternity
                              i bought the dremel about 6 months after the S2....
                              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X