Newsh's S2 Avant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Well, after a run down to Dorset yesterday I was up to 650miles so I dropped the oil and filter and refilled with Valvoline racing.

The car goes really well, would need to get it on the dyno to be sure but it feels strong with good midrange and a really good top end too, seems to want to rev out nicely, 20 psi of boost and no issues what so ever, I'll try and do a FATS run during the week at some point.
    As a matter of interest what condition was the oil you dropped out of it any bits of shiney metal?
    Shane

Comment

• TBH I didn't look that hard, nothing obvious though.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• More water in the avant with the last lot of rain the rear passenger footwell is about an inch deep I reckon its coming in through the front somewhere though and running back from there as the carpet and underlay are wet in the front corner right up to the A pillar.

Its not the sunroof this time though I don't think, the headlining is dry and there's nothing dripping from above as it was before.

I pulled the scuttle trim off and found quite a bit of leaves and muck under there in the passenger corner (and a totally disgusting pollen filter ) so I'm hoping this was causing it.

Anyone got any other ideas about where it could be leaking in??

I also looked at getting the rear pass side window working, took the door card off and all seems ok with the switch and the voltasge to the motor is off in the middle and on in the up and down positions with one way being reversed. There's also a click with the motor connected which is not there with it unplugged so I guess its a seized motor.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• think madwolf's got a motor but you'd have to check and sounds as you've found your leak most likely is in the pollon filter element, sounds like the filter/leaves have built up and held water in till it gave out.

Comment

• Cheers Pete, indeed i have a rear motor John, shout if you want it
            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Cheers Gary

How do the rear window mechs work on the avants? Can you get the motor out or do you take the whole assembly out to change it?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Was just wondering the same thing, tbh havent a clue but ive got complete doors so will have what ever you need
                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                  think madwolf's got a motor but you'd have to check and sounds as you've found your leak most likely is in the pollon filter element, sounds like the filter/leaves have built up and held water in till it gave out.
                  I really hope this is the case Pete, I've just sponged a half bucket of water out of the passenger side footwells Not good with my lovely new blue carpet etc and the windows are always steamed up every time I go to drive it..
                  Last edited by newsh; 9 January 2011, 17:47.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                    Was just wondering the same thing, tbh havent a clue but ive got complete doors so will have what ever you need
                    Cool,

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• If the motor is seized before you swap in a new one whilst operating the switch "shock" the motor casing. It has freed up a few electric motors that have been sitting a while for me, including a coupe window one. Worth a a shot as its free and quick, plus you get to hit something with a hammer
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                        If the motor is seized before you swap in a new one whilst operating the switch "shock" the motor casing. It has freed up a few electric motors that have been sitting a while for me, including a coupe window one. Worth a a shot as its free and quick, plus you get to hit something with a hammer
                        Already tried it mate you can hear a slight click which is not there when the motor unplugged but no movement, gave it a few bangs with the hammer but no joy

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Rear window motor replaced, thanks to Madwolf for the lifter mech.. All 4 windows now go up and down

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Engine bay bling FTW
                              Shane

Comment

Rear window motor replaced, thanks to Madwolf for the lifter mech.. All 4 windows now go up and down
                                Good stuff mate, glad to help out
                                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X