Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gavs20v
    replied
    Looks fantastic john! Shane you couldn't get such a quck turnaround with the ur ! Has it had paint yet ?
    Gav

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Santorin blue, it's pretty rare apparently

Leave a comment:

• AquaS2
    replied
    Oh so that's yours at the garage! Looks really nice in that colour!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Jamo, I think that's the paint that's coming off!

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    That looks stunning, but did you have a full body respray then in the end?

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Newsh's Santorin RS4

Quick update, the car is at Quattro Coachworks and has been on the jig. The bodywork is sorted and everything is straight. All the door gaps gave been corrected too as they didn't come up to scratch!
    Ish then convinced me it was a good idea to take all the glass out in order to do the job properly.
    A couple of days later he sent me these pics.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by nimo781 View Post

yikes. be careful under there!
    All done and back on it's wheels, there were a lot of bolts to tighten under there! I had the axle stands under the sill seams for insurance

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

yikes. be careful under there!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Sorted 2 different ramps, thought there were some around somewhere, eventually found one in the workshop and the other in the back of the garage.

Leave a comment:

• 220bhp
    replied
    Well done John

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Thanks all

Originally posted by dhali7376 View Post
    Great work. Nice to see a RS4 being saved rather then dismantled. Can I ask what is that orange handle sticking out behind the axle stand when you was putting the subframe back on ?
    All fixed with second hand parts for 10k less than the insurance assesment

The orange thing is the handle of an enduro bike lift stand, just a bit of extra insurance

Leave a comment:

• dhali7376
    replied
    Great work. Nice to see a RS4 being saved rather then dismantled. Can I ask what is that orange handle sticking out behind the axle stand when you was putting the subframe back on ?

Leave a comment:

• andy10v
    replied
    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Almost there mate
    Easiest way I found with the S4 was to lower each wheel down onto 4 breeze blocks, stacked in pairs on their side - know what i mean?
    Old wheels on their side work as well, drive on car ramps (jack up and let down onto them if you cant drive on) etc.

Leave a comment:

• Greg_S
    replied
    Excellent work, great to see the RS coming back to life once again

Leave a comment:

• Vorsprung durch Technik
    replied
    I rekon those of us without a ramp deserve a big pat on the back.I used to belong to the Kodak car club as a Kodak worker and had access to krypton tuning machine,the brilliant spray bay,car bays and the GOD SEND LIFT.All this when young.I need it more now being back end of forties. but have to struggle like you newsh.

Car coming together nicely

Leave a comment:

Working...
X