Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    That's true It would take a minimum year to do because I don't have time every day only on weekends

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
    Not sure what write-off cat that would be but it would have a big impact on the resale price. For parts you are going to have to buy & break an A6 to get the body panels, then you would have to find an S6 bumper that won't be cheap. So you would have a car that would have a massive deprecation in value, then the cost of buying/breaking an A6, god on knows how much metal bashing will cost and finally a full body respray. = Far too much money. Best off taking the money from the insurance, and buying back the car and selling the bits. That would get you another cat free S6 easy.
    That would make the most sense I reckon. I dread to think how many hours it would take to sort all that damage out.

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    That’s unfortunate, as above unless you work in body shop that’s going to be very expensive to repair, what cat write off is the poor thing?

I do have a pair of complete sill’s and four good doors from one I broke to fix the front end of my 30 valve C4 if you do want to fix it but I really can’t see that being that being economical. The A post damage alone is going to take some fixing.

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    Not sure what write-off cat that would be but it would have a big impact on the resale price. For parts you are going to have to buy & break an A6 to get the body panels, then you would have to find an S6 bumper and that won't be cheap. So you would have a car that would have a massive deprecation in value, then the cost of buying/breaking an A6, god only knows how much metal bashing will cost and finally a full body respray. = Far too much money. Best off taking the money from the insurance, and buying back the car and selling the bits. That would get you another cat free S6 easy.
    Last edited by B5NUT; 25 November 2021, 08:41.

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    I know engine I could sell for 3k easy, but don't know about gearbox, interior and suspension

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    Thats the problem it's cost lot of money and I'm not sure that it will ever sell for good money.

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    That bodywork damaged is so extensive, that unless you work in a body shop and you are able to keep the costs down then I would be looking to break the car, as the running gear & interior should make a good amount of cash.

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    started a topic Audi S6

Audi S6

Good afternoon to all

Just looking for advice about my audi S6 do I strip and sell on parts or trying to repair it. Unfortunately 2 weeks ago my baby was damaged by lorry driver who changed line without checking and smashed in my car and pushed in to traffic light on other side. So bought side are damaged.
    I know if I repair it will take long time tu do it and it's going to cost me a furtune.
    But I don't know maybe it's better to sell it in parts and let it go??? I added some picture as well
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
Working...
X