Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• etsola
    replied
    I'm not looking for something fast ... I have my 3b'd Coupe for that ... this is for winter and good fuel economy.
    Can I swap the gears in the 01A transmission ?

Thanks for the quick reply

Any S2's for sale in Estonia ? Might go ythrough that part of the world on a roadtrip in fall

Leave a comment:

• M2ki
    replied

Don't do it. Even after tuning the 1Z it will be noisy and slow piece of garbage.
    Diesel coupes were never made, only cabrios.

1) subframe will be ok.
    2) you can use the single mass diesel flywheel and clutch. You will not find "normal" 01A gearbox for diesel. Revs will be high with 4 & 5 on the highway.
    Using 01E from A4 means using dual mass flywheel, different prop shaft, new mounts for the gearbox, custom linkage etc.

Leave a comment:

• etsola
    started a topic Audi Coupe Quattro 7a --> 1z TDi swap questions

Audi Coupe Quattro 7a --> 1z TDi swap questions

Hi there, I'd like more details on the Audi Coupe Tdi that were sold in the EU. I know they came with the 1z motor (which were later found in Vw Passat's here in 1996) and were only FWD.

I'd like to go diesel in one of my Coupe, but is a quattro and I want to keep that - Canadian winters !!

So, here's a few questions to start with but also looking for been there, done that experience :

1) Is the subframe and motor mount for 1z TDi's different than the 7a Quattro's ? If yes, can a subframe of one or the othe be adapted to support the swap ?
    2) What transmission does the 1z use ? Can I keep my 01a and change the gearing inside ? If yes, what clutch do i need to use ?

Bottom line, I'd like to keep this as simple as possible and the less cost as possible.

Most parts needed for easier TDi swap would come from Europe and I'd like to keep that to a minimum as I would want this one to become my daily driver and be easily maintained. We got a LOT less TDi models here and are limited in the engine/car combination that were imported here.

Thanks
Working...
X