Audi 90 B3 Quattro Special Edition 292/700 RU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Last month I had to change a lot of parts.
    Cleaned my engine, removed paint from oil pan:
    9aAAAgLMGeA-960.jpg
    CV joints with polyurethane covers:
    diAAAgLMGeA-960.jpg
    Clutch:
    JGAAAgLMGeA-1920.jpg
    Some parts for clutch in gearbox:
    RgAAAgHMGeA-960.jpg
    Some other parts like gaskets and oil seals:
    RGAAAgLMGeA-1920.jpg
    And even check whether my axle mounts are OK or not....Seems to be OK, but condition is not so good:
    pgAAAgHMGeA-960.jpg
    Now my car goes nice, no any leaks. So it was really hard to do all of that stuff in my garage, but I had no choice.
    1gAAAgHMGeA-1920.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Short video of my ice track driving on the 2nd gear, not so fast at all, just learning all the turns to go faster in future.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by steve briance View Post
    Loving the last pic - that is a proper quattro way to exit a corner
    Yep, all wheels in one direction!

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    Loving the last pic - that is a proper quattro way to exit a corner

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Took part in our first ice challenge series, and one of photographers made a pictures of me
    k8vG2CHCSB0.jpg
    -YU2AD5mkfg.jpg
    j62aO73oMVc.jpg
    Y-9MhLgqcmI.jpg
    It was a good attempt, but not good result compared to ones who brought new Michelin X-Ice North 4 only for ice.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Recently bought an oil catch can, because original rubber is not using anymore, so decided to do it.
    filedata/fetch?id=2071839&d=1573150973&type=thumb
    Bought it an Aliexpress, and made a mount from aluminium.
    You can easily notice it near air filter on that pic.
    filedata/fetch?id=2071840&d=1573150973&type=thumb

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Speaking about S2 replica - it was not so flexible, many contacts with ice and snow have destroyed it particulary.
    So i have to return to B3 body, its bumper is high and its plastic is really flexible.
    Several days ago my buddy decided to make composite front fenders for B3, they won’t rust at all, they weight 1.7kgs per each and I am going to test them this winter.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post
    Hi!, very good jobs, congrats!

But... why sell S2 bumper? And why not other engine swap? It's enought with 130ps?
    Because it is easier for me to cut extra weight and make 2.3 10v great again with electronic injection than finding nice 20v/20vt and installing it. We also know that powerful engine needs stronger transmission.
    And I feel that 130ps is really ok during winter, especially on ice tracks.

Leave a comment:

• M_GORDON
    replied
    Hi!, very good jobs, congrats!

But... why sell S2 bumper? And why not other engine swap? It's enought with 130ps?

Leave a comment:

• Vorsprung durch Technik
    replied
    That is possibly the find of the decade! ​​​​​​

The thing I noticed was the hole for the Idle control valve - seems to be in just the right place. The lada hose is round but seems to stretch to fit round the oval throttle body which is good.

I'm don't care what brand of car the hose is from, I'm going to have look for one as 7a intake hoses are not available for audi tradition any more and the second hand ones out there are all going soft and splitting
    Got a spanking brand new genuine Audi one. If your interested pm me.

Leave a comment:

• jp_paul
    replied
    7a intake hoses are not available for audi tradition any more and the second hand ones out there are all going soft and splitting
    I must've got one of the last few then - I got one from them last July for ~£65 as part of a group buy on here. Not often I catch a break like that!

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    That is possibly the find of the decade! ​​​​​​

The thing I noticed was the hole for the Idle control valve - seems to be in just the right place. The lada hose is round but seems to stretch to fit round the oval throttle body which is good.

I'm don't care what brand of car the hose is from, I'm going to have look for one as 7a intake hoses are not available for audi tradition any more and the second hand ones out there are all going soft and splitting

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As you may know - stock rubber has 2 inputs:
    - for idle regulator (which also goes to injectors ventilation)
    - for carter gas ventilation

In my case I had to find any rubber with at least 1 input.
    3EA9160A-2BF0-4AB6-B1D4-15F424B8D07E.jpeg
    So I connected idle regulator to it.
    7181CB43-C9AC-4864-849C-60569A187091.jpeg
    Carter gas ventilation will go to oil catch can input. And that can’s output will end with a small filter for reducing poison
    882D4EBA-48BD-4BF7-9D52-3DD3502F558D.jpeg

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What car is the rubber air intake from? Is that original for the KE jet engine?

I'm interested as it looks like it might work on the 7a engine as well, maybe with some modification / adapters.
    It is something which I am shy to tell
    Okay, its a rubber from Lada 2111 8v. But in Lada that end is connected to MAF sensor, because it is rather big in diameter.
    I decided to try it on throttle body snd succedd.

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    What car is the rubber air intake from? Is that original for the KE jet engine?

I'm interested as it looks like it might work on the 7a engine as well, maybe with some modification / adapters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X