Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joss01
    replied
    IMG_1775.jpg IMG_1778.jpg IMG_1777.jpg IMG_1785.jpg IMG_1786.jpg IMG_1783.jpg IMG_1789.jpg IMG_1791.jpg IMG_1796.jpg IMG_1801.jpg IMG_1802.jpg IMG_1803.jpg IMG_1804.jpg IMG_1806.jpg IMG_1814.jpg IMG_1809.jpg IMG_1810.jpg IMG_1815.jpg IMG_1820.jpg The car I thought was near completion but in the back of my mind I knew it had gearbox issues and a slipping clutch no longer could I ignoramus's the issues so next week out comes the gearbox to have the second gear synchro fixed and a new send the clutch and pressure plate for a rebuild a lot cheaper option also a couple of electrical issues will be addressed next week and some fettling on other minor things this project has taken a lot of my time researching parts but thanks to the members on S2 it made it a lot easier thanks guys and dolls here some picks. IMG_1815.jpg

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    thanks for your feedback

Leave a comment:

• Mr G
    replied
    Lovely - well done on an awesome job

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by joss01 View Post
    I will put it aside
    Yes please! Mine is broken

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    I will put it aside

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Well I changed the outer CV I checked the inner CV and boot to see if moved smoothly all seemed OK but I must have missed a trick I should have changed both CVs at the same time. Looks like the cars going back on my home made axle stands. Do you need a radiator cowel that bridges the slam panel to the rad for the WR?
    If Dave doesn’t need that rad cowl mine is pretty moth eaten

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    Well I changed the outer CV I checked the inner CV and boot to see if moved smoothly all seemed OK but I must have missed a trick I should have changed both CVs at the same time. Looks like the cars going back on my home made axle stands. Do you need a radiator cowel that bridges the slam panel to the rad for the WR?

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    You must be very chuffed. You have done a great job. And you must be really honoured to have a local Audi garage wanting your car as a display!
    Re the ticking noise from the rear. Did you change the rubber CV boots? The locking retainer strap crimp sometimes extends out too far if you haven't used the proper crimp tool and may be contacting with something on the hub carrier? Just an idea. I noticed mine were very close.

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    An interesting font with subtle differences would fill the width of the number plate and possibly look better I will consider this

Leave a comment:

• John.
    replied
    Looks lovely. Would you consider new number plates in the pre 2001 Charles Wright font??!

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    I will have a go at adjusting it

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Maybe the tailgate should close a bit tighter?

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Looks beautiful Joss

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    Heres some up to date pics of the RS2 couple of teething problems and I have to change the tyres to 225 45 17 part from that the power steering hose sprung a leek and the still a clicking from the rear half shaft, the air con will be re boosted next week now I am skint. By the way all that aside it drives beautifully. Well worth the hard work.
    Spring next year the local Audi showroom will be re opening after a refurbishment and I the RS2 will be displayed next to the latest RS4.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Looks desperate I had to remove all the wheels for refurbishment. This is an akward subject matter for me anyway the correct colour code from Porsche is 61M for the cup 1 wheel colour its available for wet spraying but there is no set colour code for powder coating. Luckily I had an original unmolested spare wheel with the original factory colour which is being used for the colour match. Thanks for the offer for the stands but the wheels will be back on next week and Bilstein have redesigned the shocks so they now work with RS2 ride height free of charge.
    Nice one! They should look great and good result with Bilstein.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X