Someone else has broken my car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone else has broken my car!!!

As if the last week hadn't been enough fun I've just had the misfortune to be rear-ended by a Corsa diseasel! Thankfully at 5mph or so but he's hit the rear panel and damaged the metal work, along with the bumper so it's now a job for the insurers Just what I needed...

The guy had been tail-gating me for 5 miles on the motorway and then, having come off the motorway, I was trying to negotiate a particularly difficult junction with traffic and then he drove into the back of me. Great work.

Anyway, I'll be able to report on Greenlight's customer service soon enough!
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

You are not having a good time are you sir hope it is a quick fix
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Sorry to hear that Andy,
      At least at 5mph no serious damage was done (????). Hope you get it sorted soon and that you have a much better 2008.
      Cheers
      Chris
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Jessus Andy, ya not having much luck of late!

Hope theres light at the end of the tunnel for you, and it all gets sorted soon mate.
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Oh mate, what a PITA, hopefully no bad damage.. Is it really worth the insurance claim? Can you not get cash off him?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

He's bent the rear pannel and so I want it sorting properly, will cost a bit with a replacement bumper, panel beating and checking the boot floor is straight, I'd guess the bill will be £1k+.

2007 has been great, the last 2 weeks are but a glitch in the Matrix . 300bhp off a k24 and Homefries, 2 ring trips, 2 days at Coombe and Donington booked for the end of the month. If 2008 is much better then I'm looking forward to it already!
            Last edited by Rusty; 4 December 2007, 11:31. Reason: Time travel
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Glad 2008 has been mainly good Andy if you can see into the future mate next weds lottery nos pretty please
              S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Ar thinking the same Lazer... Or the euro mills numbers would be good
                Dark Grey Avant
                RS2 FARB
                Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Pic of the rather minor damage, just don't know what it's done to the boot floor etc.
                  Attached Files
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

First of all, the accident is unfortunate and hope everything works out for the better.

My question is how in the world did you let a Corsa diesel tail you in an S2? It must have had lots of stickers?

Comment

Traffic at 7.45 in the morning is a bit of a 'mare. I was behind a queue of people with said Corsa driver trying to push me along . Just had another look and it's not soo bad, have to see what the repairers say about it... I was sattionary at the time of the accident, with the brake lights lit up like a christmas tree.

Oh well
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Claim for whiplash and get yourself some of those RS6 brakes... repeat process. A couple of weeks you'll have yourself a brand spanking new RS4
                        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Sh** Andy what ever next, I think you need to hibernate or something to keep you out of trouble!! Good luck with insurers they can be real a******s at times.
                          sigpic

Comment

******!
                            Sorry to see that Andy. I hope the Corsa driving muppet is insured.
                            On the plus side it doesn't look that bad. I've seen a few Coupés repaired that have had a bigger bash in the back than that.
                            SS

Comment

Damage is repairable, just got the hassle of getting it done.

On a brighter note, new clutch, 3B flywheel, front subframe, Milltek DP and a wheel bearing this weekend! :mischeif:
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                              X