Fat Audi 80's Proper New Dag Dag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Audi 80's Proper New Dag Dag!

Well after the problems I have had with the white '80 Avant TDi, me and Mrs Fat Audi 80 decided to treat ourselves to a new car:

It is a 2001 VW Passat Estate Sport 130 TDI. It has been very highly specced and comes complete with Climate, Winter pack (heated seats, heated washer jets and headlight washers), Glass Pre select sunroof, Boot mounted PhatDrive MP3 Player, Rain sensitive wipers (Not sure if I like those yet) cruise control. I think the only thing it hasn't got are Multi****ion wheel and leather seats.

It has 67,000 miles on it and a VW Service history along with some independent stuff too.

It is safe to say I am chuffed to bits!

It has also had a mini detail (Of course) which I will post up elsewhere

Cheers,

Steve.

P.S. The white '80 Avant is still for sale with a suspected HG failure. Drive it away for £450.... No offers.

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Having had a ride in it yesterday I can say its a gorgeous car!
    The colour is so nice and deep too, the photos dont do it justice

Comment

nice

car, congrats. Not to rain on your parade, but keep an eye out for leaks from pollen filter and beware of doorlocks.
      japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
      www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Personally not overly keen on the look of the front end of those, but they are a capable and well speced car, used to drive em new off the boats down in kent (along with a few others):mischeif:
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Looks like it just left the show room! How much are the passats these days?
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

That was £5.5k...
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by urquattro-island View Post
              car, congrats. Not to rain on your parade, but keep an eye out for leaks from pollen filter and beware of doorlocks.
              Thanks for that! My brother had already warned me. (He used to work at a VW garage on the service desk...)

Cheers,

Steve.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

Nice motor, a couple of quick hints
                Check if it was on a longlife interval and if so change it asafp
                Look into disconnecting the EGR- cokes up the IM like you would not believe.
                and then enjoy

Comment

at £5.5k thats a steal with that spec, the lamp wash is pretty rare, i know i have been looking for a 4motion version of that model for ages....i can find them, just not with the spec i want oh and I can't really afford the running costs of an Allroad 2.5tdi which is what i really want with bose, 6spd manual and recaros
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

best colour they did them in i think! great buy by the sounds of it, looks tidy!

www.noskooljustcool.com

Comment

Very nice looking motor - was hoping for a nicer looking engine bay though... :mischeif:
                      Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Nothing feels fast for long...
                      sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                        oh and I can't really afford the running costs of an Allroad 2.5tdi which is what i really want with bose, 6spd manual and recaros

Nor can I - LOL - but I've got past the point of no return... Cambelt, four air springs, two front dampers, air compressor down the road. Got rocker cover gaskets, four tyres and a CV boot to replace for next MOT - dammit. But it is a nice wagon.

Paul

PS - Nice Passt BTW. Good solid motor...
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                          Nor can I - LOL - but I've got past the point of no return... Cambelt, four air springs,
                          Martyn f was saying about the air springs on these and how they are starting to cause people problems especially at the price of them

@hiltoa - yeah thats the engine he should have had

Comment

Originally posted by dubmeister View Post
                            Nice motor, a couple of quick hints
                            Check if it was on a longlife interval and if so change it asafp
                            Look into disconnecting the EGR- cokes up the IM like you would not believe.
                            and then enjoy
                            The oil is standard NOT longlife and has been done every 6k miles by the previous owner.

I am not sure about the EGR I am tempted to leave that alone.

Does anyone know if a K&N panel filter is a good idea in this engine. It seems it already has one?

Cheers,

Steve.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hiltoa View Post
                              Very nice looking motor - was hoping for a nicer looking engine bay though... :mischeif:
                              Don't worry, I did look into that (for about 10 seconds) then the wife jolted me back to reality....

A W8 is a real sleeper....
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X