Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dest's S4

Its finally here!

Ive literally driven it home from Woking, so cant really comment too much on how it performs and compares to the S2, but will report back soon as I know!

Didnt get much chance for boost as Sassy was following in the A3
    Plenty of time for that though....

Afew pics as it arrived home, it needs a good wash, clay and wax, so will post some better ones as soon as its done (hopefully in time for Billing on Sunday)

Initial thoughts are: VERY pleased with it!
    Afew bits and bobs to sort out, but nothing major.

Looks spot on Martyn!
    Such a nice colour combo too, it suits them down to the ground.

Comment

Looks like a nice standard S4. I'm sure you'll keep it immaculately as with the S2, good luck modifying it, MRC will become your new best pals
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post

Didnt get much chance for boost as Sassy was following in the A3

Cheeky git!!!

I hope those nice leather seats are comfy to sleep on

My car is better anyway.

Comment

@dest - does look like a nice S4 you got there - looks filthy right enough - oh dying for a wash and wax - jees !

What I don't quite understand was you saying that you wanted something more raw, noisy, raucous than the S2 Avant - something that felt faster and edgier but you chose something that is even more refined than the S2... Character of the S4 is very smooth and understated. confused.com...
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

a nice one Martyn!! I hope you enjoy it and also keep writting about it here.Lots of improvement to be done to it!

Comment

Nice car, will look awesome after a good detailing.
              Siena's: '96 Audi RS4 B5 "Outlaw" Sedan
              Girlfriends: '02 Ford Explorer 5,0 V8

Comment

Originally posted by Sassy View Post
                Cheeky git!!!

I hope those nice leather seats are comfy to sleep on

My car is better anyway.
                Domestic Alert! At least Dest has a comfy new dog house

@Paul Quattronutter is to blame his "modded" S4 is a right brute of a car, I beleive Dest wants the same spec at some point.

Comment

very nice mate, look forward to reading more about it
                  Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Fear the turbo bill! Hope you've got a good one mate. Is that the early one without ESP?
                    1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                    2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                    1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Sorry but this does not float my boat ...avant is the way!!....
                      93 S2 Avant Parting
                      91 URQ RR
                      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

looks great, sounds great...i have a soft spot for them too but i'd have gone backwards to find my thrills with an UR quattro I think
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Very nice Dest welcome to the S4 Club...!
                          Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                            @dest - does look like a nice S4 you got there - looks filthy right enough - oh dying for a wash and wax - jees !
                            Its not as clean as it looks! Silver hides it well in the pics.
                            It should be a good improvement once its had some love and care spent on it

What I don't quite understand was you saying that you wanted something more raw, noisy, raucous than the S2 Avant - something that felt faster and edgier but you chose something that is even more refined than the S2... Character of the S4 is very smooth and understated. confused.com...
                            I know what you mean, and to be honest, it doesnt feel much slower/different to the S2! Its alot quieter, but a Milltek will provide a slightly louder soundtrack
                            And as Jamo said, long term plans are to get some K04's on and all relivant bits, 400bhp is my target!
                            First priorites are suspension, brakes and my RS4 wheels

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                            looks great, sounds great...i have a soft spot for them too but i'd have gone backwards to find my thrills with an UR quattro I think
                            I would love one too, but my budget wouldnt stretch to one, and I wouldnt have one unless I had a garage to keep it in
                            Last edited by dest; 27 August 2008, 21:22. Reason: Messed up the quote tags

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                              First priorites are suspension, brakes and my RS4 wheels
                              spot on wish I'd done things in the right order...!
                              Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Working...
                              X