Clear All

• When arrived I'll have a wheel show'n'tell

Comment

• Yes it is filthy, but will stick it through a car wash this evening
      Attached Files

Comment

• P.s. it has it's new boots on!

Comment

• So... new wheels, rubber and and a fresh MOT no advisories, and now the clutch pedal has dropped to half height!

Doubt very much it is the actual clutch, as a) I am running stock 170BHP and b) it was replaced around 50K ago, with a genuine item.

So guess it is hydraulics, or the plastic 'bud' on the end of the slave, will check it once light tomorrow, and see what's needed, apparently the slave is a right piggy to get to....

Comment

• Looking as it should.

Have you tried lifting the pedal back up?......there's a chance normal operation will resume.

Comment

• Thanks!

No... had my big boots on last night so couldn't get under -kind of blaming them for the failure in a small way

Going to have a look today and see what going on

Comment

• Tried that, pedal popped back up and now working as it should(!)

Any ideas what was going on? I drove ~10 miles on it last night with a half height pedal...

Comment

• Seal turned maybe........wonder if changing the fluid would help? A bit of air in there might cause the same thing?
                  I've changed my brake fluid a couple of times since getting my coupe, but........I'm guilty regards bleeding the clutch.....never done it

Comment

• I'm more guilty then... brake fluid never changed, oops

Sounds like a contender, going to pull the panel under steering column to look for fluid there, otherwise I guess it will be slave out, a flatbed doesn't sound very inviting to me.

Oh, and a couple of litres of fluid, to change it all out(!)

Comment

• Give it a good bleed. If you've never done the fluid its probably half air & water by now.
                      The early clutch hydraulics on the 7A are very reliable and rarely go wrong
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

Yes it is filthy, but will stick it through a car wash this evening
                        I'll wait for a clean picture then! Can't really see the car Oh pictures of the radiator shrouds with the aux rad brackets are needed.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Cool cheers Alex, they are the original units almost certainly, and would be good to be able to keep them rather than replace with some nasty pattern parts

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            I'll wait for a clean picture then! Can't really see the car Oh pictures of the radiator shrouds with the aux rad brackets are needed.

Oi I live out in the country, it would get that dirty in a week out here. Was going to stick it through the car wash last night, but getting home was a priority over having a clean car

Will get some snaps in a bit, but you realise they are all hidden by the top bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                              Oi I live out in the country, it would get that dirty in a week out here. Was going to stick it through the car wash last night, but getting home was a priority over having a clean car

Will get some snaps in a bit, but you realise they are all hidden by the top bit
                              I had Newsh come round Saturday and i made sure 2 of my cars were spick and span for him and i only had an audiance of one. Take the radiator top cover of only 3 fixings then take pictures. We like pictures.
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                Give it a good bleed. If you've never done the fluid its probably half air & water by now.
                                The early clutch hydraulics on the 7A are very reliable and rarely go wrong
                                Will get to it when it's not so bloody cold outside!

Comment

Working...
                                X