Resurrection of my CQ20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
    Plan is to go back to original, so the Boleros will stay for the moment, but am on the look out for the original 6-spoke speedlines for refurb
    Speedlines......get in!
    I refurbished mine.....very therapeutic......well recommended.
    Regards the interior, velour and wood trim with a couple of leather bits......it's what makes these cars I think!
    All the best with it.

Comment

Cheers John, how did you refurb yours? Be interested in any tips/tricks and pics if you have

I still do like the trim, it's like a cross over from the 80s to the 90s... Audi transitional period maybe?

Few more bits done today:

Headlamp adjustment motor is dead so went with the fixed insert in the end
      Headlamp trim fitted, looks much better, and no more rattle
      Drivers door rebuilt
      Passenger rear lamp re-resealed with mastic this time -boot is DRY and I put the spare wheel back in!
      Finnicky brake lamp was apparently a duff connector so replaced that terminal with a crimp on spade.
      Rear view mirror glued back on
      Driver door bottom trim piece fitted, now I need the other two to stop it looking out of place....

Also managed to set fire to the blue and white LR 90 in the background -but that is another story....

MOT next week I reckon, 2 tyres needed before then though

Then tax and insure... 4.5 years later it is back on the road

Oh, and I need to valet the disgusting interior.... and gently hoover the mould off the headlining(!)

Comment

I've pulled a pair of headilghts out of my dagdag avant today which have motors on

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Cheers John, how did you refurb yours? Be interested in any tips/tricks and pics if you have
          http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=18307

Comment

Newsh, yes please! PM me a price & email so I can paypal you

John, many thanks for the thread, great work on them!

Comment

So... any ideas on the central locking issue?

Pump runs for ~30 secs after lock/unlock, unable to use key in lock while it is running. All doors/boot locks OK.

Tried a search, but nothing specific.

Cheers

Comment

OK, maybe this would be a bit much: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Speedline-Ori...item4acf98806a

Look lovely though

Comment

At £89 each inc p+p, they're cheaper than a refurb. I've recently bought 4 NOS ET45 Speedlines for my 90 at around that price, you won't find any cheaper if you can find any at all
                  1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

OK, maybe this would be a bit much: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Speedline-Ori...item4acf98806a

Look lovely though
                    Price a bit too big, considering one rim has a big defect on the outer lip.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrito View Post
                      Price a bit too big, considering one rim has a big defect on the outer lip.
                      Is that not polystyrene protection around the outside. They look brand new and original to me even with speedline protective polystyrene on the outside. Basically a total bargain. Had these on both my old Type 89 CQ's and they are the nicest wheel ever in my opinion. Get them bought as it will be one of those chances you never get again.

Comment

Yes, you're right, didn't looked so carefully after all.

Comment

wow, if they were 5 stud..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            wow, if they were 5 stud..
                            You're not wrong. I would have them in a snap. They are staggeringly beautiful. Complete bitch to clean if I recall. Toothbrush job from memory with brake dust in all those little screw holes.

Comment

Remember they are only 15" wheels so unlikely to go over many of you big-brake boys

Have asked about shipping to UK, as currently not offered.

Jamin -you're right, I hadn't clicked there were six of them! Does make them better value.

I'm sure I would be able to sell one on over here for a good amount singly to recoup some of the costs (maybe the shipping), then flog the Boleros -that should be easy

Comment

Jamin -you're right, I hadn't clicked there were six of them! Does make them better value.

I'm sure I would be able to sell one on over here for a good amount singly to recoup some of the costs (maybe the shipping), then flog the Boleros -that should be easy

Using google translate, it says there's also an ET45 wheel, so it could be 7 wheels:

So it is here by 6 x Brand New Aluminum wheels 7Jx15 H2 ET 37 (895 601 025 E) and a complete wheel 7Jx15 H2 ET 45 same manufacturer (895 601 025 L) with Conti 205/50R15 85V tires never used
                                1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Working...
                                X