No announcement yet.

Resurrection of my CQ20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont have any pics to hand, where is one pic of the car on my thread but you can by no means make out the condition of them.

can get some better pics of the wheels and the car in general at the weekend.

Jason.

Comment

That would be good mate, to give you an idea of what they often look like:

The one that I have is far worse than this actually, probably from sitting in a damp boot most of its life!

Comment

Well, excellent news today, MOT passed first time!

Now taxed, and I've booked for tomorrow morning 10am 4-wheel alignment in Pro-tyre in Wells, then I can drive it properly Will report back if the alignment is any good...

Was lovely to get it on the road for the first time in a long time and hear that I5 sing again....

Comment

P.s. Maybe I should give it a wash now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
            Well, excellent news today, MOT passed first time!

Was lovely to get it on the road for the first time in a long time and hear that I5 sing again....
            Nice one....glad it's back on the road and putting a smile back on your face as that's what it's all about!!
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Cheers Voursch, great resource this forum, glad I found it, even if mine isn't an 'S'.

Comment

Congratulations, it's a great feeling getting a car MOT'd after a long time off the road.

I'm kinda looking to pick up a 20V CQ, have my eye out all time but unfortunately the day's of mega bargains seem to have gone.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Cheers Voursch, great resource this forum, glad I found it, even if mine isn't an 'S'.
                  Hey....i wouldn't worry about S cars,yes there are nice but so is yours. I think the S2 forum is for people who are passionate about there special cars and type 89 Coupe quattro 20v is a special car.Just happy it's back on the road and you have done your bit for us on here who are interested and that's quite a few.
                  96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Cheers both

Well once resprayed it will be worth what I will have then spent on it I reckon £2K+, parts and alignment (the only bit I can't do myself) will be ~£1200-1300, but that it including £400+ for wheels and tyres. Respray, not sure what they go for nowadays, but budgeting on £1K -not until the summer though

Poly bushes soon add up don't they....

Now to sell the eurobox to pay for the refurb, and the Land Rover for the respray.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                      Congratulations, it's a great feeling getting a car MOT'd after a long time off the road.

I'm kinda looking to pick up a 20V CQ, have my eye out all time but unfortunately the day's of mega bargains seem to have gone.
                      You and me both ha ha. Excellent daily drivers and the only car I truly regret selling is my CQ. They are not exactly ten a penny and for some reason it is slightly easier to find a 10v in better condition. Not sure why.

Comment

Alignment done, no they didn't really know what they were doing, but with me babysitting them through it and even freeing off one of the collars on the front for them, it is all as I want it -and OH WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE..... It actually like goes in a straight line

Now I just have to sort the one-drip-second oil leak that has appeared this morning (certainly wasn't there before!). LH side of the engine (radiator side), I'm thinking oil pressure sender, switch, that's about it there isn't it?

Comment

Alignment done, no they didn't really know what they were doing, but with me babysitting them through it and even freeing off one of the collars on the front for them, it is all as I want it -and OH WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE..... It actually like goes in a straight line

Now I just have to sort the one-drip-second oil leak that has appeared this morning (certainly wasn't there before!). LH side of the engine (radiator side), I'm thinking oil pressure sender, switch, that's about it there isn't it?
                          Excellent glad you got it sorted.

I first set mine up using string, fairly basic Dunlop toe gauges and a decent camber gauge, it was close to within tolerances but the difference when I'd let everything settle then had it set up properly was like night and day. It's amazing the difference half a turn here and there makes.

Yep, you've already guessed the most likely source of an oil leak on that side of the engine, there's two oil pressure senders there, well one of them is just a switch and it's that one that's most likely to leak.

Cottis, it a daily I want one for fancy a change from my Corrado and I figure it would be a solid investment to boot, given how precarious the banks are ATM I'd rather have more of my money in stuff as opposed to numbers on computer. Also if it get crashed or blows up then there's a lot of useful parts for an S2 owner.
                          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Leak is oil pressure switch... trying to find somewhere with one now...

Comment

And got one and fitted

Good time to swap the pressure sender I have as well, so not all bad (other one is reading a fixed 3BAR).

Comment

All buttoned up now, washed and cleaned the interior plastics (had already hoovered it out a week ago).

Swapped the hazard/wiper stalk, this fixed the dodgy hazard switch but rear wiper still not working, guess that's a strip down now... Oddly when I pulled it out of the hedge, it worked once, just not since!

A very, very quick snap just as the sun was starting to go down:

Comment

Working...
                                X