• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking great. That radiator install look OE
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• It is a monster radiator! Looking forward to hearing this in some suitable demonstration videos

Comment

• Great work getting it ready, How did you hook up your new fans you still using OEM speed resistor?
        Would you recommend SOS Motorsport? Looking for a place to do some cage work so I can fit heated screen, power run and MOT in May/June

Comment

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
          Great work getting it ready, How did you hook up your new fans you still using OEM speed resistor?
          Would you recommend SOS Motorsport? Looking for a place to do some cage work so I can fit heated screen, power run and MOT in May/June
          Yes, for ease I used the stock 2 speed set up but swapped the switch for one that comes on at a lower temp than the old 2.8 one.
          I thought SOS were great, certainly seemed to have a knowledge of what they were doing and explained a lot of things to me. He seems to do a lot of actual race cars compared to just normal generic remaps which I took as a positive. I visited quite a few places before deciding on them and they ticked all my boxes and delivered on the day so no complaints from me.

Comment

• Love this build! Read through it at 4am when our 6 month old refused to sleep - pure inspiration!
            1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
              Love this build! Read through it at 4am when our 6 month old refused to sleep - pure inspiration!
              Thanks mate, It's certainly caused me a few sleepless nights!!

Comment

• Great work on the build. A bit frustrating on the sensor, but like you say, it was a simple fix. The radiator build looks really well made also. Well done
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by ajax1976 View Post

Yes, for ease I used the stock 2 speed set up but swapped the switch for one that comes on at a lower temp than the old 2.8 one.
                  I thought SOS were great, certainly seemed to have a knowledge of what they were doing and explained a lot of things to me. He seems to do a lot of actual race cars compared to just normal generic remaps which I took as a positive. I visited quite a few places before deciding on them and they ticked all my boxes and delivered on the day so no complaints from me.
                  Thanks I will maybe give them a shout and see if they can help me out

Comment

• Been busy tackling lots of small jobs I'd been putting off but got most done.

Been having issues with my instrument cluster for quite a while, if I wiggled it about it would just die. Messed about with it for ages, lost count of the times I've had it in bits but struggled to find anything wrong with it. Eventually narrowed it down to the yellow plug connection, slightest movement and the clocks just died. As luck has it about the same time I found a set of ABY clocks with plasma dials already fitted and a set of plasma faces for the aux gauges. Tried them in the car and sure enough same issue, so it narrowed it down the yellow plug itself. Took the yellow plug to bits and think I've actually caused the issue myself, when I was fitting the standalone etc I was constantly ringing through wires. I was using the thinnest probes in my fluke but obviously not thin enough and it had bent all the tabs on the tiny connections making them slack when plugging into the clocks. Easy enough but time consuming to fix but seems to be all good now. Wired up the plasma dials and swapped the faces on my aux gauges, easy enough to fit but ball ache to refit in the car.

Bumper back on properly, hopefully for quite a while this time god knows how many times it's been on/off over the last few months. Also replaced all the bulbs for some nice new Osrams to freshen the front up.

Hadn't tried the OZ's on so had a play today. Huge brake clearance and so much lighter than the S4 avus's, need to decide what size of tyres I'm going for soon.

Still haven't got my V5 back yet but this changed on Friday, was expecting some grief from the DVLA but seems to have gone through with no issues.

Last edited by ajax1976; 20 March 2021, 16:59.

Comment

• Comment

• Great work, oz wheels look really nice. Go to agree the avus wheels are pretty heavy though
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                          Great work, oz wheels look really nice. Go to agree the avus wheels are pretty heavy though
                          Thanks mate, Finally bought some new tyres but think they'll be going on the LM's, New tyres for the OZ's might have to wait a bit.

Also treated it to a new set of seat belts, old ones were pretty manky and had gone quite hard. New ones are nice and soft and give the interior a bit of colour.

Hopefully going to get a MOT arranged for the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• Any more pics of the car on the superlegerra IIIs?
                            How were the Ti bolts to remove and can you tell me where you found the special tool for them?
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I love the seats belts-where did you get them from and what's involved in fitting them ?

Comment

• Originally posted by piotr View Post
                                I love the seats belts-where did you get them from and what's involved in fitting them ?
                                A guy on the "80" cab/coupe enthusiasts Facebook group gets them made up, send him your old belts and he swaps over the fittings to the new ones. £140 for a set with a load of different colours to choose from.

They were actually easier to fit than I was expecting, messing about with the trim to get into them is probably the hardest part. Slowly unwind the webbing from the drum, remove a little plastic retainer from the end of the webbing then remove the old and reinsert the new one. You obviously have to keep tension on the drum to stop it unwinding while you're flaffing about with it but it's not hard, while the belts are away you can jam something in the drum to hold it in place.
                                Last edited by ajax1976; 20 March 2021, 17:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X