Help/Advice request....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Advice request....

My folks have a Nissan X-Trail Turbo Diesel 4x4. Quite a surprising thing to drive as it's more poky than you'd believe and does mid 40's mpg. Not bad for a 4x4 Jeep eh....

Anyway, my dad's found that the car is leaking some oil around the intercooler and the garage have quoted some major numbers for replacing the intercooler - which they say is cracked. My folks havn't noticed increased mpg or loss of boost.
    (I haven't seen it myself as yet)

As the intercooler is easy to get to I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a great place like VAG parts etc but for Nissan parts. Hopefully, so I could by the kit needed on the cheap and carry out the work myself.

So, suggestions on a post card please - Where is the best place to get Nissan car parts from in the UK, looking for a VAG parts type set up. Muchos Gracias.
    RS2+ (now sold...)

only thing i can think of is try euro car parts maybe?
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

She..ite...

Being quite new?...ECP and GSF might not stock them...prolly 'stealers' will be your only choice...or a breakers?

Leaking oil around the intercooler

Find the oil leak if there is one, pressure test the system...the garage did this didn't they? then showed you where its leaking?

HTH.
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Look for a reputable radiator place such as Serck. They used to test intercooler for free. If it does indeed leak they can use a resin to seal it up. That will be cheaper than replacement.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.
          RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Another place you might want to consider speaking to is
            http://www.allisport.com/

they could probably fix the intercooler cheaply easily.

Comment

Ebay is your friend
              linky
              Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
              England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Thanks again
                RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Working...
                X