Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joss01
    replied
    just take care when removing the existing metal I managed to rip a hole through one of the strips tease it out use a bit of heat even a cutting disc to get the metal out

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Right... Nice one for the advice, I have a metal workshop close by with the equipment to fabricate the strips, just need to recover a strip with right profile on from the knackered sections on my doors.

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    I had a friend of mine fabricate them for me I have a couple of strips left not enough to do a whole car but they are easy to fabricate. My problem was removing the existing corroded metal i needed up using brute force (wood chisel and patience) heat the rubber to get the metal out and a shot blaster to clean the the rest of the rust from the rubber strips. I then used a high strength silicon to bond in the new strips then off to the paint shop. I do have 3 decent rubber strips for sale that need re metalling

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Where did you get the metal strips made up mate? I have the same problem with my car, I guess any metal workshop could fabricate them.

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    started a topic Full set of RS2 lower door trims needs restoring

Full set of RS2 lower door trims needs restoring

Full set of lower door trims need new metal strips installed I put new metal strips in my own set worked realy well.

Full set £100 not including shipping
Working...
X