Red 2.3 10v coupe, Glasgow - any half sensible offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red 2.3 10v coupe, Glasgow - any half sensible offer

Right, I haven't time to mess about since the house has sold and we'll likely be off to Finland soon. I've taken the coupe down to get petrol and had a good poke about.
    155,000 miles. No Mot, No Tax. Was MOTd in march 08 and the owner's wife immediately stopped driving it when a leak started in one of the door seals and then the battery went. It sat for a year until the MOT ran out and I bought it. It did 200 miles between that MOT in march 08 and now.
    I've just put a set of 15" ten spoke speedlines on it to replace the shabby fake splitty ones. 2 front tyres are almost new and rears are OK.
    I've also put in a new £80 battery.
    needs a radiator temp switch
    the indicators aren't working. rear light connectors have been removed and someone's put spade clips on but not very well so it would be a good idea to get a pair of good connectors from another coupe.
    Tailgate is a pit pink so will need a good going over with a rubbing compound.
    driver's seat outer bolster has a wee hole in it but the seats are generally in very good condition. compared to the last couple of old coupes I've had with this interior anyway.
    I ran it through a carwash today and there was a trickle from both door seals at the front edge so i'll include a replacement pair
    I'll leave the CD head unit.
    Rear lights have been tinted. If you don't like them i'll include a normal pair.
    Radiator must have been replaced not long before the last MOT as it's in great condition apart from the handful of dead things stuck to it.
    The bodywork is generally in very good condition. Could just do with a good cut and polish.
    Exhaust seems to be in very good condition too.
    The main thing is the engine is in good order and pulls really well. I was back in 5 pot heaven with the windows down. Clutch feels good and gearbox seems OK.
    windows work fine. switch for mirrors was working intermittently so i'll include a new set of switches too.
    and I stuck £15 of high octane unleaded in it, which I would have used a bit of but was called back home from my shenanigans by the missus
    the rear callipers were brand new for the last MOT, along with new discs and pads all round so there's absolutely nothing wrong with the brakes.
    gear knob is a bit tatty.
    I'll add anything else I can think of but i've given everything I can think of right now.

Make me an offer. and give it some TLC. I spent a couple of hours today changing the wheels, putting a new washer pump in, putting some petrol in and getting it washed etc but I really don't have the time to finish it off and MOT it.

Since I have to put a price on it per forum rules I'll say £350

cheers
    Nj

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Damn thats tempting.......
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Did you ever finish that S2 mate? Feel free to take this 10v but getting it home legally could be a problem
      1990 CQ20v

Comment

i take its only a 2wd and not quattro?

Comment

afraid so mate. but there's a nice black coupe quattro on glasgow gumtree for £800 somewhere in this area.
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

afraid so mate. but there's a nice black coupe quattro on glasgow gumtree for £800 somewhere in this area.
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

That's not my battery is it neebur?

Comment

used to be. I'm wearing your pants too. Saw them hanging on the line when I was up at yours and figured you didn't want them.
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by Nj View Post
                  ah might be worth a look, glasgow isnt worst place to get to from here

Comment

not at all. nice bendy bit of road between Ayr and Stranraer and a short stint on the HSS. Done it enough times myself. God bless Tesco clubcard points, which you can 4X the value of if you trade them in for Stena or P&O use. You need to book in advance though so might not be ideal if you're hoping to get the car soon of course.

hang about... it's actually nearer Dumfries than Glasgow.
                    1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                    X