Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K24R Catch Tanks - ABY S2 & RS2 - Now Available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth a mention that if people want a special ABY / ADU RHD tank to suit a specific project then please get in touch
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Getting some blanking plugs made to complete the vent to atmosphere setup. Is there much intetest in custom return pipework for systems retaining the inlet pipe return?
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Only got 1 braided hose kit left, black hose kits still for sale.
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Only 3 of these left now.
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

No more braided hose kits left now.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

any news on kits for a 3b? cheers

Comment

No, the guys I was developing the design with have been very busy so it's stalled somewhat. Need to find some space in the engine bay on the RHD variety, suggestions welcome.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Try the spot where the carbon cannister is, cos you can remove that with a catch tank cant ya? Check Newsh's thread as im sure thats near enough where his is.
                  Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

You can remove the carbon canister but that means that you have to sort the breather in the boot then, if people make the decision to do so then that's fine but I'd not be happy telling someone to do that if they weren't sure what they were doing as it could be quite unsafe.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Why would it be unsafe to remove the carbon canister? As long as you run a vent to the outside of the vehicle the fumes will still vent to atmosphere.
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

It's not a job that I'd want someone to get wrong, perhaps I'm just being over cautious but better to be safe than sorry.

I was looking to develop a tank with another member that replaces the carbon canister, how does it fit on to the PAS tank or other position?
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Sits on the side of the header tank i think? That would be a neat solution though.
                          Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Yeah, would need to get a carbon canister to measure and then I can replicate the bracket arrangement. I've had a look on ETKA and understand it better now. As for breather, could do like TerryB and use high quality braided hose and metal filter to make it safer, adds cost but in the right place. Still doesn't solve the petrol smell in the car on a summer's day though Mine wasn't too plesant on occasions this summer

LHD tank can sit on the right hand side of the car, where the pedals and mastercylinders are on the RHD versions.

I was looking at RHD ABY return pipework but as noone has expressed an interest I'll put my time into something else.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Cant you route the breather down and under so its backwards of the passenger cell to avoid that? Im assuming it doesnt need to be a particulary big pipe so should be possible?
                              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Ur S4 LHD possible?
                                UrS4 with Comp CT4367,Vems and other goodies!!!! SOLD!
                                New project Audi S3 with GTX 28/67...
                                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40308

Comment

Working...
                                X