Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 S2 Avant breaking

I am breaking a 93 Avant

I am awaiting the colour to be confirmed but someone may know what colour it is from the pictures.

The car has done 185k, mechanically it is perfect, infact I collected it from Birmingham and drove it home rather suprised at just how good it was. Gareth who I got the car from had not run it since leaving Ireland and there was not a hint of smoke on startup or a rattle as he had promised

The guy who drove me up there followed me back and confirmed there was no smoke at ever on the way back, the engine has been chipped (unknown chip until I open the case) but it does as originally advertised it pulls perfectly in every gear, the 6 speed is quiet and changes gear smoothly and effortlessly.

Anyway apart from the chipped engine the car is totally stock, a few parts have already been called for but 95% of it is up for sale, unlike the last one I broke though I now have a unit so there is no rush to get rid of it all in a month so I won't be giving parts away but EVERYTHING is for sale so if you know of a part you want that isn't listed just ask and I will be happy to take it off for you.

The original advert can be seen here :

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37913

These are the original pictures from when it was for sale in the summer, nothing has really changed but I haven't got any daylight photos of it at the moment but I will sort some on wednesday on my day off.

Engine, showing 185k, perfect in every way, well serviced, complete with both manifolds, turbo, wastegate, afm, starter, pas pump and alternator.

£1000

Wiring harness (believed to be untouched original)

£100

Ecu, chipped (suspect Homefried or MTM) will confirm later in the week.

£300

K&N Cone Filter unit

£40

6 Speed gearbox, perfect, no whines, comes with slave cylinder.

£300

6 speed gearbox mounts.

£120

Rear diff with centre console switch, (no whines)

£100

Intercooler and crossmember (standard)

£90

Main radiator.

£100

Front bumper with indicators and spotlights.

£250

Rear bumper, will require painting as quite scratched but getting rare !

£100

Sideskirts, complete with all fixings

£80

Stock Avus alloys with Michelin tyres and all centre caps.

£200

Grill, painted black including the rings as shown in the picture at the top.

£40

Steering Rack, no play, car drove very positively, supplied with TRE's

£75

Front headlights (non elepsoid)

£100 pair.

Tailights.

£25

Rear boot panel.

£20

AFM-Turbo Hose.

£25

Centre console guages.

£50

Gearknob

£20

Rear Subframe and arms

£100

Front subframe

£50

Carbon trims (complete set with fixings)

£100

I think that will do for tonight, there is loads more to list but thats the main bits.

The car is still complete, I aim to move it on wednesday and start breaking it sunday onwards, obviously with Christmas round the corner if someone requires something asap then I will try to get those bits off sooner.

Uk Mail who I use are working up until Christmas eve so I can definitely get some parts out before then with any luck.

Engine and any other large parts can be palleted anywhere within the uk, I will need to confirm the costs with Uk Mail but on average they are about £50 to send a pallet with.

Thanks for looking !

Last edited by Jonnybravo; 14 December 2009, 22:55.

Here we go you better: mate LOL!
    Will have a think to see what bits I need

Comment

I can think of one thing you asked for which I have kept for you

Comment

Steering column cover? I managed to pick one up recently (totally forgot about this one...oops!) but Im certain there are some other bits and peices.
        Definitly interested in the gearknob if its not worn

Comment

Ah no problem mate, you had first refusal on it but I'll add that to the list now.

I will get some better photos on wednesday when its light enough outside !

Comment

Colour wise, isnt that amethyst pearl? (sp)

Will be in touch about a couple of bits, if Pete hasnt allready advised
            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Pete has been chatting to me about some bits you need so I haven't advertised those

Oh and thanks for the payment the other night

Comment

Is it LZ5U - indigo blue?

If so, is the bonnet up for grabs and how much?

Comment

How come your breaking it? looks ok to me? Would you consider selling the whole car to keep it on the road?

Comment

Bonnet is up for sale yes Chris. £75 but I will have to confirm the colour for you first.

Bikerjim, the car is far from perfect to look at thus not worth a lot as it would require a full respray so I have chosen to dismantle it, thanks for the offer though.

Comment

what are the front wings like??...

Comment

They have a few marks on the edges, I'll get it cleaned tomorrow and take a better look for you, the last set looked out on the outside but when I removed them they were showing signs of rust... nothing a quick rub down and sealer wouldn't of sorted though !

Did I ever reply to your pm ?? if so no problem waiting, space isn't a issue

Comment

how are the speedo/revs dials?

Comment

Potentially sold but the lcd screen has bled through and the speedo sticks.

Comment

Have you got the ambient temp display? Does the bulb work? If so, and it's not eleventy million quid, I'll take it...
                              Audi S2:

Avant! Ye scurvy landlubber...

Comment

Working...
                              X