Converting Coupe Quattro 20V to S2 hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Coupe Quattro 20V to S2 hubs

I have a 1990 Coupe Quattro 20V. This has 4 stud hubs and Speedline wheels with fake plastic studs.

I decided to swap to S2 Hubs to allow several things.
    1/ Better choice of wheels
    2/ Ability to use cheap large disks ( Audi A8 etc.)
    3/ I was offered a set of Audi S4/100 wheels at a good price. I hope they fit see:http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=1891

I bought a set of S2 hubs front and rear for £130. I felt that the bearings were not as well as they could be. So I bought a pair of front wheel bearings from German, Swedish and French at £24 each. +VAT I will be getting some rears as well.

The disks are 314MMx 30MM Audi A8 copies from Zimmerman ( GSF again)
    They were £28.50 ( a pair!!!!!) +VAT. as they are bare metal I will be getting them Electroless Nickel plated for protection. I'd prefer to get them Cadmium plated but that is very difficult these days thanks to EEC directives!

The hub carriers will be sand blasted and protected with AKZO Nobel paints. bearings re-fitted and hubs inserted.

Once this lot has been refitted The car will have the suspension re-aligned.

I am about to buy a set of Porsche 996 calipers ( black thankfully) for £225.

Next on the line is a set of caliper adapters.

Options include:
    1/ originals from Audi Via VAG parts £150 ish.
    2/ Custom made by a friend ( Steve@GPA Engineering )
    3/ I was sent a PM by a member of the forum whose friend makes them as well.

Once I have the calipers I will press ahead and get things sorted.

I will run on the old brake pads until I have assesed how well they work.

The remaining thing to address is the brake pipes/hoses. I wonder if the RS2 uses the right pipes? I would like to stick with manufacturers parts where possible.

I will also Inform the insurance company..

Once completed I will post a costing of the project.

David.
Working...
X