S2 pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 pictures?

I am doing a 3B into an. URQ and planning on having functioning air conditioning and do not want to use the stock compressor. I think the way to go is to do a S2 setup and reverse the alternator and compressor. Would be great to see how this looks out of a car. Pics anyone? Do I just need to move the turbo oil line to the other side of the filter and get a different bracket. I plan on using the stock urq IC ( will probably make that deeper by having modified by Apikol) and oil cooler.

Hello.
    Many parts like oil filter housing, alternator bracket, compressor bracket, compressor, freon pipes are relatively easy sourceable from other audis: UrS4/UrS6, 80, 90.
    But for assembling S2 purely OEM aircon system one needs 3 very rare parts: oil sump extension, oil drain pipe and freon pipe under right wing from S2. These parts come from S2/RS2 with aircon only. Personally I have been collecting them for 5 years: such cars are very rare at my place. I'm afraid they are even more rare statesside, so I assume that proper fabrication is your way.

rmZQTF-wha0.jpgUAXF7M7eDoU.jpgsp_UKuZAXaY.jpgOLXxKKfdU9g.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by _ShurikeN; 24 May 2019, 09:47.

Comment

I have working ABY A/C on my car, so can take some pics if required. Mine is RHD though, so the pipework from the drier to the evaporator and condensor to the evaporator will be different.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Pictures would be great. Brackets, correct oil pain extension I can get and can have hoses made. I would like to see how the compressor fits in relation to the turbo.

As it relates to the 10v urq I hear that when the ac compressor kicks in it is like throwing a boat anchor out the window and I havent seen or heard of any 20v swaps that have ac installed so I dont know how they would handle it. The RR used the same setup as the 10v URQ. Maybe a more modern rotary compressor is better? Maybe I am everythinking this. With an rs2 em and a 7400 turbo i will be doing at least 400hp. More than enough to compensate for the power loss.

Opinions welcome

Comment

Working...
        X