• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks good andy! Well done.
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic
      They were either going to be polished which i figured was bling, but to hard to maintain, or painted a dark colour so they are stealth and easy to maintain - it just so happens that you went for the same strategy!

Now just to get a set of 18" S8's
      Looks like Panther metallic. I like it.
      SS

Comment

• What throtle cable did you use? The one from car builders solutions?
        91 S2 coupé - RIP
        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Well done Andy hats off for getting it all together in record time
          S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

• The throttle cable is a nifty trick

It doesnt seem that its feasible to fit a completely new one, so i bought a longer cable as recommended by Bo, and had it threaded through the existing cable - resulting in a 1-piece cable from pedal to throttle body, looking OEM
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
              The throttle cable is a nifty trick

It doesnt seem that its feasible to fit a completely new one, so i bought a longer cable as recommended by Bo, and had it threaded through the existing cable - resulting in a 1-piece cable from pedal to throttle body, looking OEM
              Neat solution, cant have been easy threading that through though...
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                The throttle cable is a nifty trick

I wonder where he got that idea?
                SS

Comment

• to all that engine stuff, what temp is it outside?
                  (joking) Hats off Andy, that's mighty quick work.
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                    I wonder where he got that idea?
                    Are you trying to make out you had that idea before me stu?
                    91 S2 coupé - RIP
                    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Fantastic Andy

Looking really OEM+ there.

I like the look of the dark inlet and cam cover too, a nice change from the standard look.

Best of luck this weekend, and bring her back in one piece.

Cheers,

Steve.
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                        Top secret switches... Shhhh
                        Just wondering how many settings does that have? looks like two different setting there, what would happen if both was on at the same time, switched by accident?

Still up for some switchable chipsets once this has been tested Wiring swap commences today

@sonic, nice looking car now, how come your thinking of changing your wheels?

Comment

• SONIC: It looks AWESOME (and I'm not even talking about the paintwork under the hood.. just the PARTS)

I'm seriously envious and eagerly awaiting being able to display pictures such as these myself.. let's just hope for a quick solution to our economy situation in sweden.. >:
                          Andreas Lundstroem
                          A4 STCC Avant -04
                          Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
                          Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

• Cheers guys, we'll see how she handles the ring this weekend
                            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Mode switching on the fly just works - and hitting both switches by accident is no problem - ECU just does what its told.

Best of luck at the 'ring Sonic...
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Switchable chips are moving forward then! Paul, you muct be a busy man! Just have to get that economy WG spring map sorted now

Sonic, good work mate, glad it's all together. Stereo stuff looks nice and meaty, be grrrrrrrrrrreat to see the boot all done when it is.

Have fun @ the 'ring, hope that all the new toys and a V stream make for some serious performance. Don't forget to not speed over schwedenkreuz, that's the marker
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X