Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic, your engine looks perfect

i was wondering though, why should you have a problem with the wagner inlet and the throttle body touching the bonnet? since your engine is ABY, and not a stroker,it should have any issues with that.

also i was thinking of getting the carbon air guide from PKmorotosport, which covers the whole thing,so that means it is even higher and still shouldnt touch the bonnet!

By the way,so now you have 2 programs with the RS2 turbo??? or the GT2871? niceee

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      Sonic, your engine looks perfect

i was wondering though, why should you have a problem with the wagner inlet and the throttle body touching the bonnet? since your engine is ABY, and not a stroker,it should have any issues with that.

also i was thinking of getting the carbon air guide from PKmorotosport, which covers the whole thing,so that means it is even higher and still shouldnt touch the bonnet
      I wouldn't if i were you . You would have to take a bit off to get it to fit . It would be a shame to have to cut some thing like that up. Unless they have one for the wagner im
      But the direct replacement one wont fit i don't think
      never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

• this is what i had to do
        Attached Files
        never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

• that is most interesting. PK has it for the wagner inlet though.i will ask him.
          thanks

Sonic,sorry for the hijack!

Comment

• Ive been to the ring now and driven the car for the week or so ive been back, so its about time for some comments!

The car was AWESOME at the ring. Very very different to last year as its had a heck of a lot of work since then, so i had to take it easy until id learned how she handled

I had a good play with all the different ECU settings. Highlight of the trip had to be the reaction of my passengers when i was in eco mode trundling along behind some grandad in the middle of oxfordshire, came round the corner onto a small straight, flicked eco mode off, full 1.4 bar during the overtake. Brake for the 30 limit, back into eco. Brilliant!

I initially ran with eco and v-steam (sport mode) but realised quickly its alot smoother in n-stream (normal homefry) with eco. I ran down to london with this @ ~80mph and im sure i got better economy. I think alot of this is down to the fact that i drove accordingly when in eco mode - i.e you know your doing an eco run so dont accelerate hard etc.

Round the ring i tried both v and n-stream. N-stream is good, smooth power delivery. V-stream is ****ing awesome on track - alot more aggressive, the power builds quicker and you can feel its taking full advantage of the inlet mods. Very impressed!

I ran v-stream back from germany to france, but knocked it into n-stream on the way back up the UK because i found v-stream a little to aggressive. economy improved slightly but it was alot smoother ride. Id never appreciated how smooth n-stream was before.

Personally i dont think i'll use eco that often, unless i was on a seriously eco-run down the motorway or wanted to restrict boost. Whilst it does its job, i think it takes away from what the car is and seemed more of a restriction. No doubt some would find it very useful though.

Its hard to say what is a result of the map and what is a result of the wagner mods, but the car feels fresher above 100mph, rev's more freely and picks up miles quicker. Also you get more induction noise and can hear the turbo more, the exhaust note has definitely increased as well which i wasn't expecting and can't really explain.
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Sounds good there then mate, but whats the V-Stream and N-Stream when its at home?
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• I initially ran with eco and v-steam (sport mode) but realised quickly its alot smoother in n-stream (normal homefry) with eco
                n-stream = normal homefry
                v-stream = sport mode

Comment

• Cheers for clearing that up, just trying to work out what Paul's done with the sitchable setup, sounds pretty good to me.
                  Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• To echo your thoughts in my "positive" thread Andy,

Bloody awesome pieces of machinery aren't they
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• Awesome is a much maligned term, but it is apt for the mighty S2.

Thanks for the feedback Sonic... I'm really glad the V-Stream performed as intended. Its not so much that you get a squeak more boost on that setup - its the way it builds boost and also without bonkers factory temp compensation that makes the difference. Not so much the length, but feel the width kind of analogy That is why V-Stream is able to extract the extra oomf from the colder air provided by a bigger intercooler like you have. I'm building much of the V-Stream tweaks into the 3B chipset as well so those boys and girls don't get left behind.

The eco mode can also be thought of as a valet mode or spouse mode as required... Such is the way that it works.

I'll provide some more info on the stream changes and multimap setups in due course - I have to do some more testing and get a few more Beta runners out there - separate threads will cover this properly.
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                        I'm building much of the V-Stream tweaks into the 3B chipset as well so those boys and girls don't get left behind.
                        Music to my ears as well
                        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                          Music to my ears as well
                          Is it running yet Gary?
                          Haynes Manual:As described in Chapter 7...

Translation:That'll teach you not to read through before you start, now you are looking at scarey photos of the inside of a gearbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaraK View Post
                            Is it running yet Gary?
                            Soon will be.....
                            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Quick update -

Ive got a selection of RS2 turbo's and the wagner exhaust manifold waiting around for the RS2 power upgrade. Just need the 044 fuel pump, remap and MAP sensor.

Im quite enjoying the setup as it currently is, so am not in a big rush, but its also difficult having the kit just sat about taking up space instead of being on the car!

The plan is to fit an RS2 turbo, Wagner exhaust manifold, RS2 injectors, 044 fuel pump and get it mapped - leaving the engine rebuild including rods, clutch and flywheel until ive got another couple of grand to "throw away"

Im interested to see what people think about the turbo though. Ive got 3 in my posession at the moment and its between the 2 working ones as to which i should use

A) Used RS2 turbo with cracked hotside, also used RS2 EM, cracked. Should probably sell.
                              B) AET refurbished original RS2 turbo, unused since refurb.
                              C) AET refurbished RS2 hybrid turbo with 360 bearing, unused since refurb.

So do i fit the OEM RS2 turbo, complete with ID badge but without the 360 bearing.

Or do i fit the "hybrid" RS2 turbo, no ID badge but with 360 bearing?

Comment

• OEM RS2 turbo, the 360 bearing is nice upgrade to have but it's an unknown performance quantity IMO being a hybrid

Comment

Working...
                                X