Jogi's New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay,
    I was going to ask, how many of these cars did you strip. Thanks all the same mate
    Cheers
    Chris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

just the one audi 80 quattro (I would never dream of stripping one unless it was rotten or severely damaged)..
      I'm looking for possible contacts regarding getting these trims remanufactured...
      Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
      1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

wow¡¡

other project again in your hands monster¡¡
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Wow, can't say I blame you for rolling back to square #1 with this project! I wouldn't have carried on if I had gone through what you have... let me tell you, it feels good though when you start moving forward and especially when you feel in charge of your own project - have fun with it

Cheers,
          Ross
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Excellent news!!!! I'm glad this one is alive and kicking with Repo at the reigns!

Comment

Good to see your not throwing in the towel Chris, and good luck with the new direction
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Best of luck Chris. I really do hope its the last chapter and you can have some well deserved fun with it...

Dare i ask what power you would hope to achieve, i appreciate that its all about drivability this time but do you have a figure in mind..

All the best,

Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by DJones View Post
                  Best of luck Chris. I really do hope its the last chapter and you can have some well deserved fun with it...

Dare i ask what power you would hope to achieve, i appreciate that its all about drivability this time but do you have a figure in mind..

All the best,

Darren.
                  Good question,
                  Well having sort of been there, drivability is definitely No. 1. Having said that, I am hoping to get something between the T34 and the T61 as an ideal. Not worried about any figures but seat of pants feel.
                  Cheers
                  CHris
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                    Old engine is staying more or less the same.

THe Pectel is still a very good unit but overcomplicated, meaning more than anything, only one or two people can map the system. As has been shown with my 'episode', even fewer can actually do it properly. Therefore, there could well be new ECU and if so, will most probably be KMS MD35 unit with new custom loom.

http://www.kmsmanagementsystemen.nl/...mart&Itemid=27

Most importantly, the interface, although a little more complicated than some, should still be easily manabgeable by reputable tuners who know what they are doing. The software and manual is downloadable from their site.

Not sure on turbo option yet. As tuner is installing their own dyno, can exchange a couple of turbo's and map to see best option. I want to get it right this time and then leave alone.
                    The two main conteneders on the table at the moment are the T61, but with different trim which Ahmed Bayjoo has come across.
                    Also CompTurbo CT355 which Jyrki is supplying. If this is half as good as Jyrki thinks, I could be very pleased
                    Looking forward to that CT355 mapping!

Comment

Well done Chris, a bold move. Fresh start time Hope that the involvement of the new and renowned tuners and your obvious renewed enthusiasm gets this finished double quick! The addition of the 6 speed will make it much easier to drive too IMO. Best of luck as ever
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Nice one Chris, have you got a rear diff to go with that 6 speed?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

John,
                          Rear diff? My rear diff is 4.11 so should not need a diff unless you suggesting something otherwise?
                          Just in case, I do have a 3.89 ur diff in the garage though.
                          Cheers
                          Chris
                          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                              John,
                              Rear diff? My rear diff is 4.11 so should not need a diff unless you suggesting something otherwise?
                              Just in case, I do have a 3.89 ur diff in the garage though.
                              Cheers
                              Chris
                              Sorry mate, only just seen this, I wasn´t sure if the rear ratio was the same on your car as in the six speed.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Update

As always there have been a few hold ups. At the moment one of the big ones is lack of funding
                                But case is with solicitors so maybe will have an outcome soon?
                                Having said that, hoping to receive a parcel from Finland soon
                                Cheers
                                Chris

PS. I think the rear diff has the right ratio's (4.11) for this gearbox
                                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X