No announcement yet.

Project little gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out dav's thread here, he mentions it a few times. There is a fair bit of work to get it "right" !

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...read.php?t=440

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Cheers steve, I remember seeing the car at adi (remember the tail hanging down from the towing eye) probably easiest thing for us to do if we wanted to fit the s2 bumper rather than the rs2 is just have the bulge on that corner sanded flat and moved in. Should not be that big a problem, I know someone that would do that on the bumper cheap as chips and do a good job.

Just got to decide if we want to delete the black bits on the car (i.e. bumpers/side trims) just have to wait and see.

Some good work has gone into that car tho got to give him respect for that

Comment

I havent tryed to get mine fitting better as bodywork is low on the list at the mo, just saying what i have seen from my experince so far with it.

MOT is tomorrow now, slight issue with one side handbrake binding all of a sudden will sort it in time though.
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Pete you need my mirrors and bumper
          Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
            Pete you need my mirrors and bumper
            Fancy a deal on a s2 front bumper

Tempted by both your bits, thought you'd got interest in the front bumper?

did the buyer want a pearl white bumper or not fussed?

Comment

Not sure, not heard back yet..... But there is always a deal to be had!
              I will be driving past swindon on sunday if you got my brakes to hand
              Chef

Comment

pm sent :mischeif:

Comment

Well the car had its first outing last night now its all insured etc.

Spent yesterday afternoon sorting out the passenger window motor and door handle as the previous owner had not connected them back up when he removed the door card for something. Switched the door card over to a better one for the time being till a dark quattro interior turns up.

Went down to swindon with the car and found I can fit 4x porsche turbo rims in the back of it (8.5j x 18 ) plus a few other odd's and ends including a complete interior loom for an rs2

Met up with superior on here and spent a while chatting with him about his s2. On the way back down towards Aylesbury some chav in a scooby decided he wanted to play, sounded well wierd when he was giving it some, not like the normal scooby off beat warble but the 10v was solid at 130mph just needs more at the top end, was surprised that he even bothered but pickup to that speed was quite brisk, looks like we got a good one.

It also highlighted that the suspension/chassis needs attention to tighten it up so i'm going to be stripping down the spare rear subframe along with my s2 one and get them blasted and sprayed at the same time then see about poly bushes for it before refurbing the diff etc.

all good fun tho

Comment

I bet it feels quick compared to the diesel

Comment

10v you say... get a 270 cam in it, much better
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by stiglet View Post
                        I bet it feels quick compared to the diesel
                        Tbh the diesel ain't sluggish, I can still get 120+ out of it no sweat, needs a remap or tuning box on it at some point but just waiting till i've refurbed the front suspension.

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                        10v you say... get a 270 cam in it, much better
                        Lol something else to add to the list.

Want to get the suspension/brakes sorted first before more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                          Went down to swindon with the car and found I can fit 4x porsche turbo rims in the back of it (8.5j x 18 ) plus a few other odd's and ends including a complete interior loom for an rs2

Met up with superior on here and spent a while chatting with him about his s2.
                          Was nice to catch up with ya again as well mate, cheers for those bits and the car certainly looked and sounded a good one look forward to seeing the progress the pair of ya make on it. (Make sure Kelly does some of the work though lol)
                          Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                            Was nice to catch up with ya again as well mate, cheers for those bits and the car certainly looked and sounded a good one look forward to seeing the progress the pair of ya make on it. (Make sure Kelly does some of the work though lol)
                            Some of us hold down full time jobs, go to the gym 6 days a week, manage all the household chores, go out socially AND have time to put in some work on the car (Which as you kindly point out is a good one and has MOT, tax and working parts) Others of us work 12-1 with an hour for lunch

I will be learning on the job ta and look forward to getting my hands dirty and my lovely second hand red boiler suit How goes the Dogwagon Madwoof?
                            Project Little Gem - Pearl White Track Toy quattro

Comment

Well me and spink went to pick up a doner car for the following bits yesterday (amongst buying 5 cars between us, damn that mr2 was fun to drive )

konis and h&r's
                              v6 front bumper
                              17's
                              full stainless exhaust

and a few other bits that we can use on the pearl white car

So all in all a good few bits

Comment

good work mate... not long till into double figures of car ownership now?

Whats that Audi Sport grill badge on there?
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X