Dan McBoost's CQ -> S2/RS2 Project - NY USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next to its younger bigger brother:
    Last edited by Dan McBoost; 2 February 2012, 14:06.

Comment

Took her out for some pics yesterday:

Comment

very nice, loving the carbon bonnet/ Any pics of the interior? looks like a tan dash?
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

I like the bonnet too. and i would like one of those US nr plate recess things.
          Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Am Loving the Carbon Bonnet. How much are they and where do you get them from??? My Avant needs one!

Comment

The carbon bonnet is from fiber images, which I believe was here in the states, although I do not see anything about the B3/B4 cars anymore on their site.

Comment

Me too,

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                Am Loving the Carbon Bonnet. How much are they and where do you get them from??? My Avant needs one!
                Would like to know more about the carbon bonnet if anyone knows the price and availability, just in case I find a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Thanks.

Comment

I lowered the front wipers to where they should be and then took a look at the rear wiper...

Hmm, it's ugly and after owning so many hatchbacks, its probably useless so I took it off.

I then removed the under cover to remove the motor.

Then I had a hole.

I measured the hole and my friend at work made this:

The part with its seal sunk into place:

The part and the seal separate:

The parts needed for install:

The bottom installed:

The top installed:

I still have to remove it and wet sand and buff around it, but for now its perfect. Does not leak at all, even in a laser wash.

Cheers,
                  Dan

Comment

Thats a handy little tip, I found I did use my rear wiper from time to time but at around 157mph it would leave the rear screen and pop up like an aerial, might have to try this to save having to keep putting it back down.

Comment

any more pics of the car without it?
                      Mine never gets used as it doesn't work and i haven't been bothered to fix it.. always wondered what the car would look like without it
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Dan, just out of curiosity who's car was it?

Why did he give up on it? Shame. Nice rims, what are they? TSW's?
                        Makes me want to start grooming mine again, it's become a garage queen these days.

Comment

He had his reasons and my garage was where he wanted it for reasons like this:

My previous set up is for sale. Photos are located: http://mcboost.com/depot

Someone on some forum asked for a far shot of the wiper delete:

I think I have a headlight problem (and this is not counting the 10 in my attic)

Comment

Nice looking project and car Like the slide show of the headlights swap, clever idea that one

Intersting that a few of you dont use the rear wiper, thats one thing i miss on my saloon when its been raining to clear the screen.
                            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

One thing to check with your lights if you're planning on putting hids on it is that when you put the main beam on you're ellipsoid eye ball part does not turn off.

looking smart tho, one thing you might want to try is either sourcing a rs2 grille or blacking the chrome around the grille.

Comment

Hi,

Have you fitted LED's to the inside corners of the fogs? on the first picture it seems, that the light is coming from the center and not from the fog lens. If so, could you give a little close pictures of it?

Cheers,
                                Zoig

Comment

Working...
                                X